Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TuneCore

Thanks

TuneCore

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://www.tunecore.com/harmonycentr...tm_campaign=HP

Anyone use their service? It looks pretty easy? But, can you get on Itunes without any middleman?

Thanks
    Seems pretty cool (although, TuneCore would be the middleman )

Thanks

Yes you can

Here is just one of many sites that will print your CD's barcode and seal them in jewel cases and distribute them to Itunes and others all for a flat fee (usually around $1000 for 1000 CDs). We used them for our first CD.

http://www.communitymusician.com/

If you already have your CDs printed, you can pay to a flat fee here ($199) to get on ITunes, Napster, etc.

Check around for other sites, you may find a better deal. Some that offer posters, T Shirts and other stuff to sell at your gigs.

Zero

Thanks
    I've been using Tunecore since they started, and it's an excellent service!!!!! Sometimes they're a little slow getting albums up on iTunes, but I've heard that it's a problem on apple's end and that it's out of their control.
    All in all I love Tunecore!!!! Give 'em a try!!!

Seattle, Washington - United State of Nazi Germany
    Thanks
    yeah iTunes takes a little while...took forever with cdbaby as well.

Thanks
    Yep I use Tunecore as well 20 bucks a year for a full album on itune and the other aint a bad deal at all.

Thanks
    Haven't used Tunecore yet, but we plan to on our next CD coming out in a month or two. we used CD Baby last time and they literally took 6 months to get our tracks on itunes...that's right. six months. again, they claimed it was iTunes fault, but what the hell! anyway in contrast, there were people who claimed they put their CD through CD Baby right around when we did and they got theirs up in a couple weeks.

How long has Tunecore been taking to get tracks up and live?

Thanks
    it took mine about a month and a half

Thanks
    excuse my skepticism . . . is there a practical cash value in using that service or does it just "look good" to have your own projects up there along with other artists . . .
    Gully Jewelz, VA's bastard child aka . . the picture of money [URL=http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3006597][COLOR=Red][B]u gotta check me out TIRED OF LIVIN produced by GULLY N b-knot[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/VAsbreadwinnaz][COLOR=Sienna][B]BREADWINNAZ-YOUTUBE VIDEO[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

[URL=http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gullyjewelz1#][COLOR=Sienna][B]BUY A SONG, HELP A CHILD[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gullyjewelz View Post
    excuse my skepticism . . . is there a practical cash value in using that service or does it just "look good" to have your own projects up there along with other artists . . .
    um...i don't get it...what don't you get? you're talking about tunecore right?

well, if you want to sell you're music on online things like itunes, emusic, napster... tunecore simply allows you to put your CD or songs up there like everyone else. you can use the electronic version of CD Baby, but they charge you and take a cut of each sale. it's not all that bad (like 8%?), but it adds up when/if you sell many CDs/songs. Tunecore does more or less the same thing, but instead of charging you a cut of each song, they charge you at the beginning for each song/CD you post (say you want to put it up on iTunes...well there is iTunes US 99cents, iTunes Europe 99cents, iTunes Japan 99 cents... something like that). i haven't used it yet (plan to our next cd), but that makes more sense to us as probably 85% of our CD sales are from online digital sales (mostly itunes US).

if you sell like we do, you'd be nuts to give a middle man a cut for every song you sold instead of a flat fee up front. i believe there's a yearly "storage" charge of $20 or something like that, but that's nothing.

Thread Information