Are there any similar options to Myspace ?

folker

Hi folks,
so that evil Myspace changed their appearance again, rendering my profile page useless. They seem to do it regularly, and i lost my patience already. I know, shoulda have left long ago. :cursing:
Do any of you know of any similar site where i could make my band´s profile ?
I do have Soundcloud, but it´s not really customizable as far as graphic design goes.
Please don´t try to recommend that site starting with "F", i am not keen to become Zuckerberg´s voluntary hostage :rolleyes:
I would really like create standalone site at some of the free-hosting servers, but i don´t do HTML. If any of you knows some site with templates for music bands, i.e. simple page (like Myspace) where you can put pics, mp3s... i may be able to try some wysiwyg editor...
Thanks in advance

Im going to have to 2nd that in regards to reverbnation. Its about as close to myspace as you can get, and if anything is more tailored to musicians.

You should have an official site no matter what - which you can customize to your liking and important audio players from other websites as well.
ReverbNation
Bandcamp
Soundcloud

All nice to have profiles on and are good for getting found and as EPKs.

Wait, people do actually still go to myspace?

No. No they do not.

If you're looking to camp a band profile/epk somewhere. Bandcamp is probably my favorite freeish option. Reverbnation is also pretty popular, as pointed out above.
If you're more interested in the "social" aspect of it (i.e. you want your non-musician fans to visit the page), Tumblr is probably the most popular non-facebook option right now.

Regardless, you should register your domain and point it at whatever your "main" site is (which could be your bandpage or tumblr).

As shorttonpro said, an official site is often a good idea. For that I recommend a full-featured, hosted website with a plethora of design customization options that links out to all those other services. :D

Thank you all for recommendations, Reverbnation.com seems exactly what i was after. Bye-bye Myspace ! :thumbs up:

I used to be on Reverbnation in the early days but I found it pretty annoying and didn't have a lot of success there. I think BandCamp is a cool alternative to Myspace and if you combine it with some networking on Facebook you really have all the benefits and more that Myspace used to bring to the table before they messed up everything.

Reverbnation is ok. It's mostly just bands trying to get clicks... I don't think anyone actually pays attention to the music. It just seems like a bunch of musicians trying to get a bunch of musicians to click their page in return for clicking theirs. That's just my 2 cents. I still have a reverb page

Last edited:
Reverbnation is ok. It's mostly just bands trying to get clicks... I don't think anyone actually pays attention to the music. It just seems like a bunch of musicians trying to get a bunch of musicians to click their page in return for clicking theirs. That's just my 2 cents. I still have a reverb page

Maybe ... but it gives you a site to host your music (and sell it or provide links to where folks can buy it), a central place where people can see your videos (instead of going over to youtube), a bio, pictures, a blog, and a gig listing section - all for free!

Soundclick though not sure how relevant it is these days. There is also Beatport and Spotify as well as what's been previously mentioned...

Soundclick was all there is back in 2004-06. Now I feel I'm the only one who still uses it.

I haven't logged into my Soundclick page in years.

All of these band sites are the same. Just stay with whatever is hip at the moment and bounce around with the trends.

I haven't logged into my Soundclick page in years.

All of these band sites are the same. Just stay with whatever is hip at the moment and bounce around with the trends.

HA! I forgot all about Soundclick. I better get over there and take down my tunes. I probably have a few 5 to 7 year old tunes there.

The thing about all these sites is that the only people that visit them are musicians. It's a total joke that people think these sites are good for anything other than hosting your music and a place to pretend you're more important than anyone else thinks you are....if they even notice you in the frist place.

Think of anyone you know who's not a musician. Your sister, brother, friends, co-workers. Have you ever met a non-musician who actually goes to these sites to listen to music??? If you answer "yes", then you're totally delusional and in denial.

Just have fun writing and recording your music. It's a gift you'll be able to enjoy for the rest of your life. Other than that, don't expect anything from it because it ain't gonna happen, so stop stressing over it. :)

Last edited:
Have you ever met a non-musician who actually goes to these sites to listen to music??? If you answer "yes", then you're totally delusional and in denial.

Yeah.

The only way to get people to go to your website or whatever music site you are using.....is to go totally nuts with marketing on OTHER sites, which assumes they are even visiting those other sites…..and of course you also need to promote your site at gigs, if you play out.
And then you have to pretty much live on places like Facebook and Twitter, constantly bombarding your friends/fans to go to your music pages, and even then you may not get a lot of action.

I friend of mine was whining the other day about how he posted a music "event" on Facebook....which I guess automatically sends invitations to all your FB "friends" to come to your music event.....
...and he was all pissed how NO ONE even responded to the invitations with a basic will or will not attend.

I was just chuckling to myself while he whined about it....as to how naive he was coming off about it, but I just said, "yeah, that sucks when they don't even respond to the invites, never mind actually showing up at the event". :D

That's kind of my point with my "fuck it" mentality and blatant disregard for promotion. Just do it because you like it and stop trying to "help" people get it. I really don't know why people even bother. They only set themselves up for disappointment. No one cares. If you can't get friends and family to give a fuck about your music, why would complete strangers?

Back