Xmas Eve

I almost turned this off a minute in, it was good for a few repetitions when it started. But, when it kept going it got on my last nerve. But, then the full instrumentation kicked in and the vocals, and it's really cool. A little long (the beginning), and the backing vocals took it to another level for me, those were excellent even at a low volume. I'm going to listen again when I can crank it up.

Really nice song.

A little long (the beginning)
It's one of my shortest intros !
I hadn't listened to it since about 2011. I have so many songs that I recorded quickly, done that way because of the availability of the drummer. It's only since mixing it that I've really listened to it with both ears and enjoyed it. I've long joked that some of my intros go on for 5 minutes or whatever, but they do.
There used to be a great contributor here called Dogbreath. I don't know what happened to him, but for some reason, the intro always reminded me of him. I've no idea why.
the backing vocals took it to another level for me, those were excellent even at a low volume
Thanks. That section was originally part of a different song about the BNP {British National Party} that I was toying with doing for a few years, then I abandoned it but that particular bit was stuck in my head and I quite liked it so I thought I'd apply it to myself instead of the racists. Either way, it was quite humorous. In England it's poor form to call anyone stupid these days, but no one can object to one referring to oneself that way !
Ironically, I was in ASDA on Xmas eve {yesterday}. But it was 8am not 4pm !

Back