The word it rhymes with "do you hide"

TAE

All you have is now
OK I'm just showing off here...;) see once upon a time @ 43 years ago I played in a pretty kick ass rock band in LA. Gotta realize that having a video of a band you played in in 1977 is a unicorn thing to be for sure..being as there were not "video cameras" and Dick Tracy was the only one with a smart phone at the time.....But we were lucky enough to be working with a lighting company that had invested in a sony B&W reel to reel who taped several of our shows and I got my hands on them about 15 years ago...they were unusable the tape had got gummy so they gave them to me. I paid a company to "Bake them" which made it possible to get one last viewing and digital recording of them...still far from all usable theyhave some spots that just can't be used ...This is a long song and there are two edits that break up the song and sadly the last 6 seconds of the epic ending are gone too...but You get an idea of the whacky band I was in and what we were putting out in Pro Rock land in 1977

This song is about a 20 year old man who took his life and left some thoughts and words behind...here's some snippets...They say it's a coward who takes, the cheap way out...It's a sin, what I am dreaming, says the book of God...how can ink and paper feel what I'm feeling..."Sit and watch the seagull fly, scavenging up all he needs,,,if he can't find he steals from another, the strong one wins the weak he dies" "wasted twenty years of my life trying to be a man...but the blue is grey and the green is brown..I don't know where I am coming from... Oh why is this happening to me / Where are the dreams? Where are the colors? Where is the life I once had? I'm outside Satan's window, I'll break through with this brick I have.... Pretty heavy words and we wrote the song in parts where he is thinking about it and then he does it and then he leaves this dimension into an epic ending...

Well here ya go...if you are so inclined to take a watch n listen...That's me the long haired weirdo on the hammond, string and synth...

YouTube

That was quite progressive for the time. There's some good original stuff there, and good playing too. Very cool. I love the outfits.

I know exactly what you mean about this being a rarity. There are exactly ZERO recordings of the band I was in for about 4 years. I have one cassette of a practice of a later version of the band, but it's nothing much to listen to. Heck, I've only got about a dozen pictures.

Back