Video: "Down in Mexico"

Was that shot in your place? If so nice room.

Good work, it must be nice to be at that level!

Was that shot in your place? If so nice room.

Good work, it must be nice to be at that level!

It's the bass player's private studio. I've been engineering there since around 1996. It's big enough to host live studio performances with an audience of up to about twenty people.

Nice job on the song. It immediately reminded me of some of the videos from Lexington Lab Band.

I'm guessing you do the video editing as well as the sound mixing, right?

Nice job on the song. It immediately reminded me of some of the videos from Lexington Lab Band.

I'm guessing you do the video editing as well as the sound mixing, right?

Thanks. Yep, audio recording/mixing/mastering, video recording (including pan/tilt/zoom camera) and video editing.

Lexington Lab Band looks interesting. I just watched Peace of Mind, a song I used to actually be able to play to a large degree.

Check out their renditions of Steely Dan. There's some really good playing on it. There's also a documentary on their page about the LLB, and how they got the idea and how they do their videos. its down at the bottom of their page.

Thanks for sharing! How long did you work on this?

We had one 2.5 hour recording session that included warming up and doing multiple takes of three songs until we got takes we were happy with. I probably put in an hour or two on audio mixing this song, then an hour of loading files (for the whole session, not just this one song) into the editor and syncing them up, then another half hour of color matching, maybe a half hour of video editing per song.

About the only Fleetwood Mac song I really like.

I was a big Bob Welch fan. I had learned he passed about 4-5 years ago. The circumstances around his death was rather sad.

I am kind of partial to the smooth jazzy voice of Bob. But it sounded good.

Back