Triumph - Lachlan Pickford Recordings

I'll be uploading more of the tracks I've mixed tonight! So I'll be sure to post back here with them!

Not really what I meant...But cool. You are in the correct forum for marketing yourself.

This is a community of offering advice to others. Just sayin..

Not really what I meant...But cool. You are in the correct forum for marketing yourself.

This is a community of offering advice to others. Just sayin..

oh, okay.

Well I was hoping to get some advice! But if there are any questions. I am happy to answer.

I could only give my personal opinion here at this point in your mix. That meaning that what I like to hear may be different from yours.

I feel the kick and snare are overbearing a bit though that is my opinion. It does not mean it is bad. Really depends on what the artist is looking for.

For the genre this sounds really fucking good man. I am quite impressed actually.

My earlier point is that this forum is based upon those that record at home. Most of us started from there and have learned from others. Some of us have started from pro studios and give advice from their point of view.

When a member gives their first post with a mix like this in the marketing forum, it seems like a wish for a stroke on the back. Not saying that is what you are looking for but it comes across that way.

I could only give my personal opinion here at this point in your mix. That meaning that what I like to hear may be different from yours.

I feel the kick and snare are overbearing a bit though that is my opinion. It does not mean it is bad. Really depends on what the artist is looking for.

For the genre this sounds really fucking good man. I am quite impressed actually.

My earlier point is that this forum is based upon those that record at home. Most of us started from there and have learned from others. Some of us have started from pro studios and give advice from their point of view.

When a member gives their first post with a mix like this in the marketing forum, it seems like a wish for a stroke on the back. Not saying that is what you are looking for but it comes across that way.

Oh wow!
Thanks mate!
My studio is actually a home studio and I've been learning this stuff for about 4 years now!

I've only recently started jumping onto mixing forums like this one here to see if I can learn new things from other people! At the same time, find potential clients to work with.

But thanks a heap mate!
What I might do, is do a tutorial with a mix, and upload the multi-tracks and show a step by step guide on mixing/mastering. (With stock plugins even.)

Oh wow!
Thanks mate!
My studio is actually a home studio and I've been learning this stuff for about 4 years now!

I've only recently started jumping onto mixing forums like this one here to see if I can learn new things from other people! At the same time, find potential clients to work with.

But thanks a heap mate!
What I might do, is do a tutorial with a mix, and upload the multi-tracks and show a step by step guide on mixing/mastering. (With stock plugins even.)

Well that would be totally awesome man. 'MIX THIS' forum would likely be the best place for that.

And I myself have had clients that were found by this forum. Many of us members have. But we can't advertise here without paying the owners. You are allowed to link a website or whatever in your signature line. Other than that, placing posts that search for or give impression of advertising for work will be considered spam and will be deleted.

You may want to take a look at the TOS (terms of service) just to be sure. Otherwise if you get out of line, myself and the other mods may have to have a chat. :)

Don't see that as a threat man. I do appreciate your input and obvious skills. I just have to make it clear that there are rules to abide by that make this forum possible.

Cheers mate!

Jimmy

Back