Ralph & Louisa

grimtraveller

If only for a moment.....
Here's a little something that's, for me, quite straightforward. Be warned, you may feel :cursing:, :yawn: or :wtf:but hopefully not :facepalm: !

:wtf: ....:laughings:
If I've learned anything listening to your tracks is that it will never be what I expected when I click on it.

Sorta reminds me of when I first listened to one of Frank Zappa's records (Absolutely Free). I was totally confused, and a little pissed that I had spent $3 on this thing. It sounded to me like an amateurish mess that some avant-garde type put together. Yet is was strangely compelling and I began to realize that it was put together that way on purpose. I slowly became a fan.

So, I'm going to keep listening!

Thanks, guys !
In some ways I'm probably a bit of a walking contradiction in that I like music literally across the spectrum. I can be equally at home with some avant garde free jazz as I can be with pop. I can dive deep into Indian and classical as well as show tunes. I can roll with progressive and psychedelia as well as folk and soul. I can dig hymns one minute and reggae the next. And as I'm not under any commercial constraint all the different things I like {whether actually or conceptually} find themselves bleeding into songs, whether I wrote them, collaborated on them or friends wrote them. But while I have no problem with the songs being sometimes a little unpredictable, I want them to be listenable and accessible.

Back