"Pura Vida", a mellow but driving acoustic ballad

and i have a new one coming out soon,
in the same kind of flavor as this one,
another all acoustic one, called "Lake Katherine"
watch for it!

I like it ! There are bits that are reminiscent of Pentangle and bits that are reminiscent of Phil Keaggy yet it doesn't actually sound like either.
I like the bright and bouncy nature of the guitars and I also think the percussion is just lovely. Sometimes, the simplest percussion is actually the most rhythmically enhancing stuff there can be. The shakers in the song were just guaranteed to grab me because I love that head nodding/bobbing, shoulder weaving and hand waving style. Forget air guitars, I'm grooving with air shakers !
Exquisite vocals, very apt harmonies where they fall and a subject matter that is so far from corny in the love stakes, it's an unusual love song but one that is definitely that and one that wouldn't be embarrassing to sing.

I like it ! There are bits that are reminiscent of Pentangle and bits that are reminiscent of Phil Keaggy yet it doesn't actually sound like either.
I like the bright and bouncy nature of the guitars and I also think the percussion is just lovely. Sometimes, the simplest percussion is actually the most rhythmically enhancing stuff there can be. The shakers in the song were just guaranteed to grab me because I love that head nodding/bobbing, shoulder weaving and hand waving style. Forget air guitars, I'm grooving with air shakers !
Exquisite vocals, very apt harmonies where they fall and a subject matter that is so far from corny in the love stakes, it's an unusual love song but one that is definitely that and one that wouldn't be embarrassing to sing.

hey grimtaveller! thanks for checking this one out, it's a special one to me...
i used to listen to phil keaggy, when i first started learning guitar...couldn't play anything he did,
but maybe some of his style is stuck down in there in the grey matter...

its funny you mention the shakers,
when i did the song, i played the bongos first, and thought that was all it needed...
but to get that syncopation thing happening, required another element.

i played this song for my brother in law's wedding, at their ceremony,
so yea, it's a love song!
heheh

sounds good like csny

hey manslick,
thanks for checking this one out...

crosby stills nash and young are definitely a touchstone for me,
all the 3 voice harmony bands catch my ear,
ever since the beatles!
can blame them.

Back