Nice acoustic guitar album

I enjoyed your jazz albums, so definitely giving this a try. :)

Just a couple quick nits I noticed in the downloaded MP3s...

I remember reading somewhere to embed images no larger than 600x600px into the MP3 tag. This had something to do with scaling and formatting in most (hardware and software) MP3 players.

Also noticed you're now "Robert A." instead of Bob, just wondering why the change as I had your other material as "Bob" and also noticed your bandcamp had no references to the past material because of the new project name.

I remember reading somewhere to embed images no larger than 600x600px into the MP3 tag. This had something to do with scaling and formatting in most (hardware and software) MP3 players.

Also noticed you're now "Robert A." instead of Bob, just wondering why the change as I had your other material as "Bob" and also noticed your bandcamp had no references to the past material because of the new project name.

Hi Pinky, I don't understand anything about mp3 tags or embedded images that you mentioned????? Maybe you can enlighten me on this! Do you mean when you download the songs/music there is no artwork? I don't know how this works.

I'd like a quick gear/placement rundown as well. This sounds great to my ears.

I used an old MXL 991 condenser mic. Believe it or not it just records way better than my more expensive mics. Can't explain why. The mic plugged into a Steinberg UR-22 recording interface. Software is Reaper. I used just a little reverb. And used some light EQ and a Russian mastering compressor (software, it's called "Molot") Guitars were a Fender acoustic and an old Yamaha nylon string classical. Mic placement was about 4" off 12th fret area. I think I also used an old beat up banjo on one of the songs too. I like banjo but its a crappy one and very thin sounding. Computer is a 10 year old Dell Dimension 9200. But I upgraded and modified the heck out of it. I replaced the dual core cpu with a quad core that I found on EBAY for $27! The computer only had 500MB RAM when I got it. I was able to max it out to 8 GIG. It runs Windows 7 and Linux. Here are pics of the master track effects I use:

Limiter#6.jpgmolot.jpgslickEQ.jpg

Hi Pinky, I don't understand anything about mp3 tags or embedded images that you mentioned????? Maybe you can enlighten me on this! Do you mean when you download the songs/music there is no artwork? I don't know how this works.

There is a free mp3 tag maker. I have used it for years and it is real simple. It will add the meta data as well as your album/cover/song art. It's all drag and drop. I use 800 x 800 for the image as it seems to fill up most players as the song is playing. I have never tried 600 x 600. The important thing is to keep the height as same as the width.

I used an old MXL 991 condenser mic. Believe it or not it just records way better than my more expensive mics. Can't explain why. The mic plugged into a Steinberg UR-22 recording interface. Software is Reaper. I used just a little reverb. And used some light EQ and a Russian mastering compressor (software, it's called "Molot") Guitars were a Fender acoustic and an old Yamaha nylon string classical. Mic placement was about 4" off 12th fret area. I think I also used an old beat up banjo on one of the songs too. I like banjo but its a crappy one and very thin sounding. Computer is a 10 year old Dell Dimension 9200. But I upgraded and modified the heck out of it. I replaced the dual core cpu with a quad core that I found on EBAY for $27! The computer only had 500MB RAM when I got it. I was able to max it out to 8 GIG. It runs Windows 7 and Linux. Here are pics of the master track effects I use:

View attachment 100434View attachment 100435View attachment 100436

I use two of those same plugins as well.

Hi Pinky...the reason my name is different on some Bandcamp pages is because even tho you can have multiple albums under the same name, the design will always be the same. I wanted different designs of the album, and album art on each project. Unfortunately this means I also need a bunch of separate Gmail accounts with different names to be able to have separate artwork from album to album. I tried to connect most of the albums to each other but sometimes it doesnt work. Here is my full collection. Listen with caution cause there are still some lame songs amongst all of this stuff.
iMy Music

There is a free mp3 tag maker. I have used it for years and it is real simple. It will add the meta data as well as your album/cover/song art. It's all drag and drop. I use 800 x 800 for the image as it seems to fill up most players as the song is playing. I have never tried 600 x 600. The important thing is to keep the height as same as the width.

I use MP3 tag as well.

There's several tutorials online about MP3 tagging, I just snagged this link from a google search as it seemed to cover the basics:

Don't Forget To Tag Your Music! | MileHI Music

Hi Pinky...the reason my name is different on some Bandcamp pages is because even tho you can have multiple albums under the same name, the design will always be the same. I wanted different designs of the album, and album art on each project. Unfortunately this means I also need a bunch of separate Gmail accounts with different names to be able to have separate artwork from album to album. I tried to connect most of the albums to each other but sometimes it doesnt work. Here is my full collection. Listen with caution cause there are still some lame songs amongst all of this stuff.
iMy Music

Understood, I don't care for that design element in bandcamp either. I'd like each album to have its own unique art/design/color scheme.

I enjoyed the acoustic tracks. You did great using what you had to get a very clear and clean capture of the instrument. I also find recording acoustic with a lower end mic (a Shure PG81 in my case) at the 12th fret to be the sweet spot. It's more about having the right mic from what I've tried than the 'best' mic.

If I recall Windows Media or one of the other common software media players doesn't play nicely with images larger than 600px. I think that's why I got in the habit of using that resolution.

Definitely keep the scaling square.

Back