New YT music channel. Looking for upcoming artists to upload!

MantaVibes

Hi all. So this channel has just finished being set up within the last 2 weeks. Although not a creator myself, I've always had a passion for music and have loved the idea of having a music promotion channel to call my own. Manta Vibes will almost be like a personal playlist for myself i.e. if I don't love it, it won't be uploaded. If I truly love and want to support your music you will be featured and of course your social media will be showcased as well.
I will mainly be posting music from genres such as hip-hop, deep and future house, electronic dance music, pop, vaporwave and indie but of course will make exceptions if the sound is just too damn filthy.
Obviously as this is a new channel, my subscriber count is low but please don't hesitate to still send me your submissions. I will do my best to promote the music in any way I can, mainly through the use of social media (links at the bottom). You have to start somewhere!
If you do decide to submit to me please could you attach MP3 files and send them to the email address mantavibes@gmail.com. I will get back to everyone who submits even if I do not decided to feature you.
I think I've covered everything here. I look forward to reviewing your submissions and hope to get started asap.
Thanks!
Manta Vibes - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNXyOxgN3kanTtPgdrzV0TA
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/mantavibes https://twitter.com/MantaVibes https://soundcloud.com/mantavibes

Will musicians pay for exposure after you get them on your channel? People rarely do stuff for nothing so I'm assuming you will keep all the ad money "if" it generates anything. No benefit to me? Exposure is like pay to play - it won't pay for a stick of gum.

Hi ido1957,

At the moment this is purely a hobby and of course you will never be charged anything to be featured on the channel. It is very early to be thinking about ad money so I can't give you an answer regarding any monetary exchanges just yet. The general idea is I get to upload a track that I like the sound of and I bring exposure to the artist (now matter how small just at the moment). This will also mean exposure for all your social media potentially growing your following by a significant amount, which leads to more hits on your music etc. There is 0 cost to the artist for a submission and as I said before you never be charged to be featured on my channel.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to send another reply.

Thanks,

Manta Vibes

Youtube doesn't let you monetize anything you don't have the rights to (although I'm not sure how they actually verify).

Youtube doesn't let you monetize anything you don't have the rights to (although I'm not sure how they actually verify).

I thought the way YT works is, your click count and advertisers being allowed to link to your channel and paying based on your click count.

I thought the way YT works is, your click count and advertisers being allowed to link to your channel and paying based on your click count.

If you don't 'own the rights' to the music, then the 'owners' get the click money. Supposedly, CD Baby/Tunecore services grab that money for you when you use them and other people grab your music for their videos. Same way as if you use someone else's music on your video - you can get a notice from YT, and then ads are put on the video.

If you don't 'own the rights' to the music, then the 'owners' get the click money. Supposedly, CD Baby/Tunecore services grab that money for you when you use them and other people grab your music for their videos. Same way as if you use someone else's music on your video - you can get a notice from YT, and then ads are put on the video.

If you use someone's music and the video is original content, is there some sort of revenue sharing?

If you use someone's music and the video is original content, is there some sort of revenue sharing?

I doubt it, in order to list the video for monetization, you have to have ALL the rights to it. But I'm no lawyer. And unless your video becomes the next 'viral sensation', we're talking about pennies ...

Back