New tryout with Knopler's "Going Home" (Local Hero Theme)

Guitarquango

Hi folks,

just recorded a new tryout to get a better sound in my kitchen.
It's a simple fingerstyle cover of Knopfler's soundtrack from 1983.

YouTube

Greetings and have a nice weekend,

Jimmy

P.S.: Thanks for your tips TalismanRich :-)

Jimmy,

Sorry for the delay in commenting. I first saw this on my laptop which has horrid sound (as most laptops do) and wanted to give it a proper listen on real monitors.

I like the way things are sounding here. The room's "hollow" sound, the slapback and background noise is much less apparent, which is a good thing. I think you're starting to push the limits of the Q4 (are you still using that?). To get a significant improvement, you may have to use external mics which may require a significant monetary outlay.

I also noticed that you are doing everything in 480 resolution when the Zoom can do full HD. Is there a reason for this? It might eliminate the strange video artifacts on the strings.

Other than that, all I can add is that it's IMPECCABLE playing and a nice arrangement. Its one of your best postings, and you've made a good choice with Going Home. I've had the Local Hero soundtrack for years, along with Sailing to Philadelphia. Knopfler writes some beautiful music.

Thank you so much for your kind support and your nice feedback on my music my friend!
...and i will chance my video resulotion up to HD when i produce my next clip. Don't know why i never done this before.

Have a nice weekend & lots of greetz, Jimmy :-)

Back