My debut CD "Zero Mantra" is finally finished - instrumental rock guitar

Yeah man. If you ever get a chance to catch a clinic he's playing, do it. Super chill guy - you're probably right, and additionally he's not bitter about the fact he never achieved more success, I think.

I like to think that he is recognized by his peers as one of the greatest, playing the G3 and all. The mainstream unsurprisingly ignored his work but musicians admire his work. I'd be more than content with that.
Plus he can live off of his work and clinics, AFAIK.

Hi Drew
Just listened to "Red Skies" and I really, really like it. Musician myself, keyboard-player with a symphonic rock-group. I idolise Ritchie Blackmore and Peter Gabriel.
I really love your guitar sounds, all of them.
Haven't listened to your others yet as I'm busy trying to sort out a problem, but I will.
Well done from a fellow music-lover, composer, recorder, dreamer ...
thenymph

I like to think that he is recognized by his peers as one of the greatest, playing the G3 and all. The mainstream unsurprisingly ignored his work but musicians admire his work. I'd be more than content with that.
Plus he can live off of his work and clinics, AFAIK.

Yeah, you're probably right - he seems to be doing well enough financially, he's respected by his peers, and I don't know a single player who's heard him who doesn't think he's got one of the best tones they've ever heard. He's like Eric Johnson with more rock and roll.

thenymph thanks, glad to hear you're enjoying it! I'd love to hear what you think of the rest of the album!

Beautiful work Drew! Superb musicianship!
Your playing on "Letting Go" is very skilful and with some beautiful phrasing.
"Red Skies" is really awesome. More rock but very melodic.

I'm a drummer, but I've always been a HUGE fan of guitar instrumentals. LOVE IT!!!
PLEASE don't take so long to release your next album!!! ;)

cheers

Hugo

Back