My best Fingerstyle recording "Irish solo Guitar" :-)

Guitarquango

Hi folks,

i don't now why - but this recording from last year was the best i ever produced at my kitchentable.
Same place - same camera - same mic - same guitar - same guitarplayer - but it sounds better. (for MY ears) :-)

YouTube

Any idea why?

Thanks & greetings from Hamburg,

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy.

First of all, GREAT playing. I love your easy, laid back style.

I went through about a half dozen or more of your postings on Youtube, and on this version of Teacht An Earraigh the sound seems to have more "ambience" to it than some of the others, like Travels. or even the original posting (the one in color). You've changed the reverb and the tonal balance, which makes it a little less immediate sounding. It fits the song better.

It may be that the room you use to record makes things sound a bit hollow, plus it seems that a few have a slap echo that sounds unnatural to me. You might try playing with the room acoustics and adding back that natural sounding reverb. You've got a great starting point. A little polish is all it needs.

Hi Jimmy.

First of all, GREAT playing. I love your easy, laid back style.

I went through about a half dozen or more of your postings on Youtube, and on this version of Teacht An Earraigh the sound seems to have more "ambience" to it than some of the others, like Travels. or even the original posting (the one in color). You've changed the reverb and the tonal balance, which makes it a little less immediate sounding. It fits the song better.

It may be that the room you use to record makes things sound a bit hollow, plus it seems that a few have a slap echo that sounds unnatural to me. You might try playing with the room acoustics and adding back that natural sounding reverb. You've got a great starting point. A little polish is all it needs.

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback and your answers on my questions. Think i start to polish now ;-)

Greetings and all the best from Hamburg,

Jimmy

Back