Music/Lyric Video made using Davinci Resolve

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

Hi there,

Just wanted to share a new lyric video that I created for my rock song. I used the video editing software called Davinci Resolve to make this video. By the way, it is a Nepalese Rock song and it is me on both the vocals and guitars. This is also the first ever song that I attempted to mix/master on my own, so I think the audio quality is obviously not that great :) Please do let me know what you think of my video editing though. Thanks in advance!

Prawol Bhattarai - "Prashna" - Nepali Rock (Lyric Video) - YouTube

I must say, that's the FIRST time I've ever heard Nepali Rock. Sounds a lot like American or British rock, except I can't understand the lyrics. Of course there's a lot of songs out there that I can't understand what they're singing, so that's not a big deal !:listeningmusic:

The song is good, I really like the way the chorus pops after the verse. I don't know if there is any significance to the hourglass relative to the story of the song. If you're trying to show passage of time, maybe get a few other things, like a clock hand sweeping, traffic passing on the street at high speed. The hourglass got a bit repetitive.

Overall you've got a great starting point with the song.

I must say, that's the FIRST time I've ever heard Nepali Rock. Sounds a lot like American or British rock, except I can't understand the lyrics. Of course there's a lot of songs out there that I can't understand what they're singing, so that's not a big deal !:listeningmusic:

The song is good, I really like the way the chorus pops after the verse. I don't know if there is any significance to the hourglass relative to the story of the song. If you're trying to show passage of time, maybe get a few other things, like a clock hand sweeping, traffic passing on the street at high speed. The hourglass got a bit repetitive.

Overall you've got a great starting point with the song.

Thanks so much TalismanRich for listening to my song. I really appreciate your encouraging comments!

I had no idea that this song sounded so much like American or British rock. That's great to know :) Nepali rock musicians are indeed very heavily influenced by American and British Rock bands. In the tourist areas of Kathmandu (the capital), you can still hear Nepali cover bands playing songs from artists like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, etc! (of course, there are no concerts or outdoor activities taking place right now due to the pandemic)

I can't fully understand the lyrics of much of the songs I like either...I am just drawn to the melodies and the overall vibe of the tracks.

Glad you liked the song as well. This is the first song that I mixed on my own, so I wasn't feeling very confident about the audio quality.

Yes, one of my friends also said that the hourglass in the video got a bit repetitive. I had initially thought about using a clip of high speed traffic but unfortunately changed my mind later. Thanks for your suggestions. I will try my best to make my next lyric video much more engaging and appropriate for the song. Maybe with enough practice, I will start to develop a sense of what makes an engaging music video. Thanks again!

To me the snare stands out a little too much.

Also I'm not sure I like where the vocals are sitting in the mix.

Apart from that, great job.

To me the snare stands out a little too much.

Also I'm not sure I like where the vocals are sitting in the mix.

Apart from that, great job.

Big Thier Thanks so much for your feedback and for listening to my song. Yes, I did get comments on the snare being too loud, so I totally agree with you there. Would you have preferred the vocals to be less louder (I also got comments about the instrument levels being too quiet relative to the vocals)? or maybe I should have added more vocal reverb as well? Thank you!

Bravo! Really nice stuff. How long did it take you to work on it?

Hi Tisch, thanks so much for your feedback on my video/song. It really means a lot!

Making this video was fairly easy and straightforward as this is just a basic lyric video with an unchanging background. The hardest part was actually learning how to use Davinci Resolve software, which took me about 2 months. The video itself only took like 3-4 days to make :)

Thank you!

Back