Made this record in my untreated basement

AshX

Hey guys,

Wasn't really sure where to post this (or even if I should post this), but I figured some of you might find this interesting, at the very least.

I just released my debut album Parkway Divides on Friday 11/20. I produced, recorded, arranged, wrote, sang, and played every instrument on this album in my untreated basement. Guitars were recorded using a makeshift isolation cab that was made out of plywood and styrofoam. The drums were done using a combination of acoustic drums with triggers and blended samples (thanks to Jimmy on here for the Slate samples way back when - they went a long way). Vocals were done using a $300 Blue microphone.

If you're interested, feel free to listen here:

I like it. Would you classify this as alternative rock? [I hear a lot of NIN in the heavier stuff]

The mix is very solid, and considering its humble roots I think you should be proud.

I'd likely trade more of the lead guitar licks for synth parts, especially considering the rhythm guitars fill up so much space the existing synth parts are often buried, and the lead guitar parts really aren't very snazzy so making them synth parts would give you flexibility in adding effects, etc to spice them up.

Back