A Lil' Taste of Blues

bLUiVORY

= Mojo Worker =
I was fortunate enough to have played Blues Piano, deep in Chicago's Southside and Westside, 1967-69 - Clubs like The L&H Lounge @ Madison & Kedzie, the famous Pepper's, and at the Key Largo on W. Roosevelt, playing and jamming with the likes of Jimmy Cotton, Earl Hooker, Koko Taylor, Bloomfield, Butterfield, Sam Lay, Otis Rush, etc.

I've been doing a variety of things since then, including a lot of experimental pieces. But I thought I'd better start putting a few of the old-style things "down on tape" (ie: into REAPER) before the arthritis gets too bad.

Here's a lil' taste I did recently - enjoy.

148AM by Boot Hamilton | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
this groove combined with my 1/5 of brandy is workin out great my friend! i must say growin up with the blues im inclined to like it already...great playing..would have loved to see those shows with Otis! you play any Freddie King type blues/funk grooves?

this is way too abstract for me. I cannot comprehend it , but I'm trying to appreciate it... but its sort of like you're reading a poem in chinese ... its probably beautiful but I can't comprehend it.

I clearly have a lot to learn about music.

You're educating me :)

Back