If you know anyone.. Who... (viking music afoot)

2mas

...happen to know anyone.. Who could use a special king of music, namely viking age inspired music.. In games, in documentaries, TV, radio or alike.. Then please give me a shout, either in this thread or in pm.. I make this kind of ethnic and world inspired music with ancient or rare European instruments.. I'm currently looking for an outlet of some sort - free promotional custom made music of this kind is not out of the question, but it depends on the project it's made for..

Any fruitful contact would of course be MUCH appreciated :)

See... I was expecting something more along the lines of Amon Amarth! :D

Did the vikings use bagpipes? Or is this one supposed to be a crossover viking/celtic composition?

See... I was expecting something more along the lines of Amon Amarth! :D

Did the vikings use bagpipes? Or is this one supposed to be a crossover viking/celtic composition?
Crossover, because yea, highland pipes.. The title, Blood of the Celts.. So yea.. But I have also made one with fiddle once, and you know, fiddle vikings! So it's really just inspired.. The real music these people might have heard would probably be more along the lines of roman music as we know it.. Pretty medieval in its compositions and with lots and screaming and shouting.

Cool. I honestly don't know my music history very well. (Though I guess no one really knows that much about music prior to annotations.)

i LOVE this track :D thanks for posting :)
Thanks, you're quite welcome :)

Cool. I honestly don't know my music history very well. (Though I guess no one really knows that much about music prior to annotations.)
I'm no expert on music history either hehe, but music has been made based on the instruments the Romans were known to use and the medieval compositions we still have some annotations of.. So real viking music was probably pretty close to this..

Tons of Roman stuff, including instruments, has been found in Danish hill graves from that era.. I'm still no expert, but at least I'm Danish, so I live right next to a few of these..

Frenderupgaarddyssen.jpg

Back