I made over 41 beat in 30 days. Here are the results.

borimayra

Hi guys,

It’s been such a pleasure to join homerecording.com and to be a part of this community! I asked questions before here, and top guns here replied really friendly and constructively. I wanted to go on and show the beats I made. There are approximately 46 beats I made, some of which are not released because I didn't think they were up to par.

I was really wondering if you guys could give some technical feedback on them. Be it structural, sound design, creativity. Also, I would really love feedback and comments from an artistic aspect, so rappers and singers, your feedback is most welcome. Here’s a link to my soundcloud:

borimayra | Boris Mayra | Free Listening on SoundCloud

And, I would like to finish with a note saying that I understand the hard times that 50 states of the US going through and you have my prayers and good wishes. Please stay safe, peaceful.

The fact you did graphics for all of them too is impressive.

Very atmospheric sound, it's dope man. I don't really have any complaints. Do you use Ozone9 to master? What's your technique for kick 808's?

The fact you did graphics for all of them too is impressive.

Very atmospheric sound, it's dope man. I don't really have any complaints. Do you use Ozone9 to master? What's your technique for kick 808's?

Thanks a lot, dude, I am glad you enjoyed them. As for the mastering part, I try to get a mix that sounds balanced, in terms of levels, and then I increase the ones that should shine and be up front. I really want to use Ozone 9, I just got the Elements but it scares the shit out of me and I mess up the whole song! :D Instead, I put a compressor to glue the levels together a bit, then a bit of EQ with a bit of high end shelf using FabFilter's Q3 to compress a bit when hats come in. Kick & 808s are just what I seem to like in Travis Scott pieces, Murda pieces, Take A Daytrip pieces. One trick I use is that I try to create send for both 808 and kick and then you know, boost highs and cut the lows. But this sometimes causes 808s to sound too loud.

---------- Update ----------

broken honey is real nice.. the bass is full.
mellow.

Cheers!

Sounds good, relaxing, I really like the structure, it is interesting. Maybe it feels a little low on high frequency sounds, like there is room for more but nice anyway. Good job!

I'm enjoying these. I don't think there's anything I'd ditch from what you've uploaded--there's a lot of variety, but it all sounds like it's from the same composing voice.

Something you might want to experiment with in future is panning or adding a little more spatial aspect spice. Obviously you've panned things around the spectrum, but I wonder what might happen if you let something come to center from one of the sides and then back again.

Good work.

Sounds good, relaxing, I really like the structure, it is interesting. Maybe it feels a little low on high frequency sounds, like there is room for more but nice anyway. Good job!

Thanks for the feedback, would love to hear your projects!

I'm enjoying these. I don't think there's anything I'd ditch from what you've uploaded--there's a lot of variety, but it all sounds like it's from the same composing voice.

Something you might want to experiment with in future is panning or adding a little more spatial aspect spice. Obviously you've panned things around the spectrum, but I wonder what might happen if you let something come to center from one of the sides and then back again.

Good work.

I understand your point, and that was something I already had in my mind but kinda dodged it, because of laziness, maybe. I would love to hear your beats, too. Thanks, again for the genuine feedback.

Back