Free home recording book, published by Hal Leonard - need reviewers please!

288 pages? I commend your determination in getting this completed! I do wonder how much of a market there is, though. Today's "I want it now with as little effort as possible" crowd rely on (sometimes bad) youtubes and asking for 'tell me how to' solutions when they get stuck (like we see all the time here).

Yes it was a huge undertaking --- the biggest project in my life, for sure. The premise for the book is based on complete transparency with regards to gear. In lots of recording books I've read, they usually don't go into too many details as to what gear was used on the accompanying recordings (if it indeed includes audio ... and many, oddly enough, don't!). Are you using a $3K Neumann mic? A $2500 compressor? So in this book I detail everything that was used on every track in a recording index, including the whole recording chain, so you know exactly what I'm using. No piece of gear, including instruments, cost more than $500, and most of it obviously cost much less. Throughout the book, I give little detailed info on specific gear as well.

I can't wait. Not only will i review it, but cherish it as well.

Last edited:
Chad, I received my copy today. Thank you very much. :D

I'm at work so didn't get a chance to do much more than flip through it, but it seems to cover all the basics one would want to know.

Full review once I get a chance to actually read it.

Again thanks.

Chad, I received my copy today. Thank you very much. :D

I'm at work so didn't get a chance to do much more than flip through it, but it seems to cover all the basics one would want to know.

Full review once I get a chance to actually read it.

Again thanks.

Great! And thank you Roman. :) I hope you enjoy it.

Back