Fisher Lysol -- On Kahlil Gibran

FisherLysol

How-deeeee!

Just a little something I've been working in and around (please see YT link). Got a pair of Tannoys recently and have had to adjust my ear for this. I'm not even sure I can remain objective on these recordings, so hey, rip me up. Ain't going to get any better without some criticism, so, lay it on me. There's a big "thank you" waiting for you if you do!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4vdfifNO1-8xAPgJew9Mgg

I've been reading this forum and just signed up today. In another thread, at another point, I'll want to expand upon my understanding of compression and most importantly, mastering. Those two concepts are elusive to me. Depending on your opinion of the recordings themselves, you'll probably find more things that elude me. =)

Thanks for your time, ladies/gents.

Fisher - I think it sounds pretty friggin' nice. (FYI - I'm just listening on my pc speakers w/ little subwoofer right now). I think you may just want to back off the mids of pretty much everything except the vocal, to make a nice little uncrowded home in which the vocal can dwell. Seems to be fighting a bit w/ the guitars, and even the kick drum at this moment. But, really, it sounds very, very good as is.

Nice job.

P.S. Tell Kahlil I said "Hi."

Edit: Just noticed - Nice to see a home town boy doing good.

Very nice song! Really dig the acoustic guitar sound. The electric is cool too.
The song pretty catchy. Also thought it sounds very Pearl Jam-ish! :)

cheers

Back