acoustic guitar tapping

bainmack

it's been a while since I posted anything here. finally felt proud of one worth sharing.

I teamed up with Hannah again to do an acoustic cover of Home is for the Heartless by Parkway Drive.

The tapping was difficult to record and capture because of some fret buzzing issues. Solution was to tune it differently to allow proper tension during the tap/ pull-offs. Lot of work but i think it came out okay:

YouTube

I hope you enjoy it! thank you for watching.
bainmack

Hey.....the vocal levels are off....as in too low in the mix....or panned too wide. Seems like you have done some good acoustic recording of the guitar parts and you may have done the same with the vocal parts.....but they're all over the place in volume and panning and the female part sounds a little muffled. Just my opinion of course.

Hey.....the vocal levels are off....as in too low in the mix....or panned too wide. Seems like you have done some good acoustic recording of the guitar parts and you may have done the same with the vocal parts.....but they're all over the place in volume and panning and the female part sounds a little muffled. Just my opinion of course.

great feedback!
i tend to agree. I think its unconscious bias since I dont like the sound of my vocals.

Your voice is fine.........and until you accept that and move on....you're never going to do your best mixing on your own stuff. I understand......and so do lots of others here. We've been there. Stop worrying and then you'll stop making mixes like the one you posted here. All the tracks are there and done well.........so........mix them man!!

Back