Streaming audio

Rusty K

Hello,

I have streamed a demo from my webpage using RealPlayer. After revamping my website, I'm unable to get up and running again. Since I was having trouble with Real Audio I thought I would try to stream an mp3 instead but don't know where to start.

I'd appreciate any help with it.

Thanks
Rusty K

What I usually do, although it's probably not the "right" way of doing it is:

upload the mp3 and make a link to it.

It works.

The mp3 will play in whatever their default media application is.

sae,

Yeah maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill here but does your method stream or do they have to wait for a download? That won't work on my bands webpage....gotta be instant!

Thanks,

Rusty K

It does not save to your computer

go to www.endlessfight.webhop.net

When the Purchase CD box pops up click on one of the underlined songs.

That is a working example of what I explained.

another method is to embed the mp3 into a flash file.

SAE it didn't work too well

The 'player' interface didn't load correctly for me, but by clicking on the links I did get the music to play.

Maybe just my PC and a one off?

Hey,

For some reason I didn't get notice of the last two posts.

Here's link to a short tutorial on mp3 streaming that worked for me.

http://www.indie-music.com/article.php?sid=1194

Sae.....checked out your link. So that's an flash imbedded mp3? Sounded good but there were a lot of buffering halts in the stream. I also had this problem with my mp3 streaming as well as Real Audio. It's dissappointing but we must live with it I guess.

Is the server critical in a smooth stream or is it more a function of the type service one has i.e. , Broadband/dial up modem etc.?
Neither?

Thanks,
Rusty K

Those files on that site are just the plain old mp3. I have never had a problem with the "Stuttering" when playing

If the interface loads you have quicktime, if it don't you don't have quicktime.

BANDWIDTH is the answer to good streaming.

That site is running off of a pentium 166 with 64 megs ram on a dsl connection.

I really like that idea stated in the link you sent. I might incorporate that. Don't know yet if I would have any advantages.

But you got it figured out man!!

Now go and do it :D

Back