Soundcloud

Kurt88

Hi, i already have a free soundcould account and have 19 links on facebook page, if i upgrade to the pro version will the links already on facebook become broken/unusable and also if i downgraded back to free version would the same thing happen? Cheers guys. God Bless

The links don't change when you upgrade, and I wouldn't expect them to change on downgrade. IIRC there's some kind of increase in the amount of tunes you can have in the paid versions, so if you're over some free account limit, you might lose something I suppose.

Thanks alot for your reply, really grateful, been waiting for over a week to hear back from soundcloud as emailed them but not heard back. Yep was worried about loss of links in upgrade and i see what you mean about losing the ones if over the free limit if i downgraded after, Really grateful for your help :)

P.S. I think the change they just made to the "Insights" (née "Stats") is pretty bad.

I'm not sure what the value of Pro is anymore so might be testing the dowgrade impacts next time the annual comes up, as I do not use the site much anymore, and I know I don't test the limit of tunes/times. I think the only reason I got the paid version, honestly, was to be able to update the audio file for a track. Anymore, if I post something there, it's most likely the audio from a video I posted on FB or YT, where it's pretty much "frozen in time" anyway. My re-up is next spring, so I'll see how I feel about the service then.

I'm not sure, but it looks like they may have nuked the support forum, too?

P.P.S. You might want to watch the Twitter feed for a while to see how you fit in. I don't see any response from SC on the few cries for help there. It's mostly beats and rap promos. Their FB page has removed the Community posts, far as I can see, so if you need help and the search feature on the site doesn't answer your question, I can't see where you'd go for any kind of support now.

Last edited:
Soundcloud gives you a lot of control over the URLs of your own songs; i.e. whatever you call the song, that's going to be the url. Upgrading and downgrading shouldn't affect that unless you go over the limit and they delete songs.

Back