song copyright

J

j4ckf

anybody used protectmywork to copyright songs. Any other UK recommendations for copyrighting music?

Many Thanks
Jack

Ianalb... Doesn't the UK have some kind of copyright office where you can just register your work?

Oh. I just found the official site, and apparently there is no registration process.

ha ha! They say to do a poor-man's copyright! Transcribe your work; mark it with the (c) symbol and the date; then mail it to yourself and don't open it!

I've been researching this topic lately, and from what I've read a "poor man's copyright" will not necessarily hold up in court in the event you have to defend your work against someone trying to steal it. I am talking about the US however, maybe its different in the UK. Just something to look into. I read that on the official US copyright office website.

I've been researching this topic lately, and from what I've read a "poor man's copyright" will not necessarily hold up in court in the event you have to defend your work against someone trying to steal it. I am talking about the US however, maybe its different in the UK. Just something to look into. I read that on the official US copyright office website.

Yes. Poor-man's copyright does not hold up in the US, but the official UK copyright sight recommends it.

Hmm... What would happen if you registered your work with the US library of Congress as a citizen of the UK?

Back