Recording to Zip Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkix

This is extremely new to me. I was wondering how you can use a zip drive to store beats and tracks without using a computer. I know that the keyboard I have has MIDI capabilities that allow me to save directly to a floppy disk, but what would I connect my zip drive to in order to use it in the same way? Please someone, anyone, HELP!

i dont think what you want to do can be done... but if you have a zip , im assuming you have a computer..right ?

well.. i dont know much about zips , i have a cd-rw myself , but i believe that it would be just a matter of inserting the floppy into your computer , and dragging and dropping the files into your zip drive the same way you drag and drop files into your floppy...

im not sure if i answered you correctly... but i hope this helps...

- eddie -

You don´t use a MIDI interface for saving to floppy or ZIP as far as I know but something like a SCSI interface. I´ve never have seen keyboards with such an interface. I myself have a sampler (Ensoniq ASR-X) with a built in SCSI interface for a ZIP drive and know someone with a MPC2000 with such an interface, but I don´t think it can be done on a keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Nicolay (edited 01-06-2000).]

yeah, you will have to have a SCSI port in the back of your keyboard to be able to use drives like the Iomega zip, or other mass storage media drives.

smoov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back