Record Company Fees??

Michael O'Regan

What do you guys think about this company? They've offered me a Digital Distribution deal for my CD but have asked for an "administration set-up fee, meta data, ISRC & URC mastering costs" upfront on signature of the agreement.
I was always told to be wary of any Record label who asks for fees upfront. Do any of you have any experience of this?

www.digimixrecords.com

Stevie,
Can you elaborate?
The fee is £150 - not a fortune but I'm surprised that I should have to pay this. Shouldn't they foot this themselves?

Come on guys, any label with a cool 3d rotating graphic on their homepage has to be legit right?

Come on guys, any label with a cool 3d rotating graphic on their homepage has to be legit right?

I'm a programmer, so I have little to no eye for design, but even I was appalled by that site.

What is this '93?

There's just so much about that site that makes them seem sketchy and unprofessional.
Their splash page is awful.
Their official contact e-mail is an aol.com address.
Most of their pages are flat .html wall of text.

I too would recommend running away.

The true worth of this company - I asked a simple question on the ways in which their publishing company would exploit my work, as they offered me a publishing contract also. Their reply was to say they are no longer interested and withdrew their offers.
I guess they don't like too many questions.

:rolleyes:

Back