A Recent Marketing Proposal

ido1957

9K Gold Member
MySpace Mail...............................

Hi,

I heard your song, “Over Time” and I am very impressed with it. We are currently working on a benefit compilation CD titled “Rise Up!” It will feature up and coming rock artists from across the scene. I believe that your song would be a perfect fit on this project and I would be honored to have you take part.

My name is Danny Bryant, and I am a project manager with Quickstar Productions, as well as a musician. Quickstar Productions is a company that specializes in designing music-marketing campaigns and supplying digital distribution services for record labels and independent artists. In 2005, Quickstar Productions released its first Comp CD as a way to promote unsigned artists. This CD was extraordinarily successful in accomplishing its mission! Over the years the company has built off that success and perfected a marketing plan to maximize exposure for the artist. Quickstar Productions is based out of Baltimore, MD and is an active member of the Maryland Better Business Bureau with an “A” rating.

“Rise Up!” is a CD designed to raise money and awareness for the issue of climate change through partnerships with the Go Green Initiative and A Brighter Planet. Keeping with the spirit of helping our environment this will be a green CD. It will be printed on recycled paper with natural inks. Money raised from this CD will be donated to charities like the Go Green Initiative, as well as organizations like Brighter Planet who help lower the carbon footprint of corporations and individuals.

We really want this CD to make a difference to our planet, but we also want it to be advantageous to the artists on it as well. Therefore we have designed a complete marketing plan for the CD. “Rise Up!” will be marketed and made available in the following ways:

1. PHYSICAL SALES: You will receive 50 copies of the CD to sell at whatever price you choose. These will be professionally produced, retail ready CD’s. We recommend selling them for $8. That way you can make $400. You keep 100% of your sales. This is a great way to get more merchandise to sell at your shows and also a way to target other fans in your genre. The idea is that when each artist sells their 50 copies, the other artists on the CD will have their music exposed to other fans of your genre of music. Therefore, your song will be exposed to many new listeners.

2. DIGITAL SALES: The compilation will be made available for sale in all digital stores including iTunes, Rhapsody, eMusic, Napster, and Amazon. Your song will also be available as a ringtone that your fans may purchase. You will receive 50% of profits generated.

3. EXPOSURE: The CD will be sent to record labels, marketing, and management firms. Along with the CD, a booklet featuring your picture and bio will be made available so they can learn a little bit more about you. In addition, free promo copies will be handed out at concerts in the Baltimore/Washington area. Quickstar Productions will also promote the album through the use of MySpace.

4. RADIO: The CD will be sent to college and internet radio stations and be featured on various podcasts throughout the world.

5. NETWORKING: Developing a network with other musicians is key to one’s success. This comp CD is a chance to do so. You will be provided with all the other artists’ information before the CD is released so that you can start show swapping with one another, networking and helping each other out.

To have your song included on our upcoming compilation CD please visit our website, QuickstarProductions com, to download the submission forms. We do not charge a fee to be on “Rise Up!” but we do ask that you purchase 50 CD’s to distribute at cost ($175). That way we can cover the costs of the project so that as large of portion of the proceeds can be donated as possible. This will be the only cost to you. One of the most important parts of this project is getting the CD into the hands of fans. The more CD’s that you are able to distribute the more exposure everyone gets.

Please check out www QuickstarProductions com for more info on this compilation. Since we plan to release this CD as soon as possible, we ask that all submissions be returned within the next 2 months. If you're interested and you'd like to talk more about the project, feel free to contact me. I try to check MySpace but I'm more easily reachable through e-mail or by phone. Thanks, and I hope to hear back from you soon! We appreciate your interest in helping fight climate change.

Take care,

Danny Bryant

Rock4Life@ QuickstarProductions com
QuickstarProductions com

Office 443//552//7058 ext. 303

PS. If you would like to check out the other CD’s we have done they are available on iTunes, Napster, eMusic, Amazon, etc, just search for “Quickstar Productions”.

MONTHLY SPECIAL: 1000 Retail Ready CD’s for $799!

Ask me for more details!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How much can you produce 50 CD's for?

I don't think I've heard anything good about Quickstar. The only artist I've ever talked to in person who used their "service" was giving the CDs away because they were unlistenably hit and miss. They just sort of threw a bunch of vaguely similar songs on a CD without any real sense of order or mastering.

That's a bullshit routine that's been going on forever.

What it's about is sending them the $175, at the best (if they don't just put the money up their nose) is that they throw your tune together with a dozen other suckers, burn a few CD's over an 8 ball and then go on to the next bunch of hopefuls.

100% bullshit.

Ha...my monty python thoughts now turn to "silly-walkers". But I also agree, the quicksilver thing is shady. They had contacted a friend of mine's band...who was less then pleased with the "arrangement"

"In 2005, Quickstar Productions released its first Comp CD as a way to promote unsigned artists. This CD was extraordinarily successful in accomplishing its mission!"

This is hype with no substance. Ask for details - who was on there that had worthwhile results, and what were those results? I'll bet you get no response. This whole thing seems to obviously be a ploy to sell overpriced CDs to you, kind of like those multiple level marketing programs where much of the $ is made by selling "sales kits" of sample products to other hopefuls rather than through legitimate sales of products to the general public.

Yeah I got this same message from the same dude... I told him "im broke, ill give you 20 bucks for the CDs"... he said "thats fine man..." So he went from asking 175 to asking 20? whats the about?...

Its not really a scam... you're paying for your music to be on a CD with other unsigned artists... in which they probably don't even listen to the music...

don't do it... not worth it... Use the 175 for 2 hours at a studio =]

Back