Progressive/Rock/Metal project "Stillwater Reach"

Kiro

Hi there,

we are Stillwater Reach, a German Progressive/Rock/Metal project, which is completely done in our own studio. The music is influenced by modern progressive bands like porcupine tree, rock/alternative stuff like muse, placebo and metal like mastodon.

We did not have any experience with recording, when we started in 2005. After all these years of experiments with sounds and recording techniques we finished some tracks. Two of them you can find here: "An Old Friend" and "Down again". The tracks have been mastered via online mastering by the Sterling Studios in NY.

We really look forward for getting your comments and feedback on mix and music.

Everyone who is interested in more details is invited to visit our facebook page or to listen to more songs on soundcloud.

View attachment Stillwater Reach - An Old Friend.mp3

View attachment Stillwater Reach - Down Again.mp3

Yours
Kiro

It sounds great!
I like the sound that your band has and the vocals are nice. You are definitely going to pull in a good bit of fans.
I typically listen to heavier (REAL HEAVY) bands so depending on what kind of crowd you want you could go for more powerful vocals, but that is just me.
I don't play guitar so I can't say much about that. (it was poppin though :))

Good Luck :D

Thanks for your opinion.

Some of us are listening to more heavier stuff too, so it´s a mix of different styles. We will try to reach more people with our music, perhaps we can find some musicians and artists who are interested in working together in projects.

If you like to, you can listen to more songs on soundcloud and follow us on Facebook.

Yours Kiro

You have a good sound - everything is nicely audible and the guitars have a nice bassy 'crunch' to them. The transitions between different sections of the songs are smooth, and the vocals are at about the right level in the mix.

You clearly have a lot of talent, but I feel you are restraining yourselves - I'd like to hear more of the Progressive Metal influence. A jazzy interlude, a time change, blastbeats.. flaunt your Mastodon influence! (Bonus points if you can nail the mid-section of 'Capillarian Crest')

P.S. I especially liked the last minute of 'Staring & Waiting'

soundcloud.com/finger-pickin-good

Back