Okay, We Sent Out Press Kits...What Now?

Robertt8

Okay, well we've mailed out 10 press packs to clubs we want to play in San Francisco last Friday (not even two business days ago).

What now? Sit around and hope someone calls?

Start bugging them if no one replys? How long do we wait?

I think it's always better to put a press pack/demo in someone's hand and meet them, rather than send it by mail. It takes time, but they'll remember you. As for the current situation, give it a few more days (until the end of the weekend) and then follow up with a call.

Peter

I agree, but it's a little late for that. we've called back 4 of the 8...2 we're answering machines, and 2 we got to talk to people. One guy had seen it, and said call back in a week, and the other, she hadn't seen it and was told to call back in a week.

Any other suggestions out there to get the ball rolling?

Tel them if they dont let you play their club you will burn it down, then when he is all quite on the phone say.....Test me... then hang up.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that cuz I would have choked to death and had fluid up my nose. :p

keep on them... get to know the people at the clubs you want to play... even if its just the bartender you get to know, they know the person who books. playing clubs is all about who you know... i've seen some shitty bands get some good gigs at good clubs opening for good bands simply because they new someone there.

Back