new music streaming platform

paokz

A Streaming Solution Designed to Supercharge and Monetize Careers
Oohyah is not just another streaming service. Instead, we’ve flipped the subscription model in favor of the artists and labels. OohYah brings value to artists from the fans who care.

They don't do anything to help you that is significant.

You have to have fans and then get them to go there to pay to stream your work else you get nothing.

They do nothing to help you collect from all the other places that may play your music assuming your music actually gets played anywhere at all.

If you want to make money then you need to understand the biz including copyrights and how they work money wise.

This site has a lot of great info if you are new to the business side of music:
The Music Maze - Helping independent musicians navigate the music business.

The Music Maze is a free music brain dump!
It shares what the site owner learned about music and the music business over the last few decades, so that you can get a jump start and make the most out of your music career; it’s sort of like a knowledge base and mentorship program rolled into one.

The big picture overview:

In an infographic:

In words:
How does the music industry work? Give me the high-level overview! - The Music Maze
The-Music-Business-Administration - The Music Maze

Good overview of the copyright situation so you can get paid for your IP:
Copyrights, Royalties, and Permissions
Music Royalties: Collect them all! - The Music Maze

Legal stuff
The Music Modernization Act: A Deeper Dive

Los senderos also has a number of other excellent summaries that are useful including one of the most complete stereo miking methods I have seen in one place.

A Streaming Solution Designed to Supercharge and Monetize Careers
Oohyah is not just another streaming service. Instead, we’ve flipped the subscription model in favor of the artists and labels. OohYah brings value to artists from the fans who care.

They don't do anything to help you that is significant.

You have to have fans and then get them to go there to pay to stream your work else you get nothing.

They do nothing to help you collect from all the other places that may play your music assuming your music actually gets played anywhere at all.

If you want to make money then you need to understand the biz including copyrights and how they work money wise.

This site has a lot of great info if you are new to the business side of music:

The Music Maze is a free music brain dump!
It shares what the site owner learned about music and the music business over the last few decades, so that you can get a jump start and make the most out of your music career; it’s sort of like a knowledge base and mentorship program rolled into one.

The big picture overview:

In an infographic:

In words:
How does the music industry work? Give me the high-level overview! - The Music Maze
The-Music-Business-Administration - The Music Maze

Good overview of the copyright situation so you can get paid for your IP:
Copyrights, Royalties, and Permissions
Music Royalties: Collect them all! - The Music Maze

Legal stuff
The Music Modernization Act: A Deeper Dive

Los senderos also has a number of other excellent summaries that are useful including one of the most complete stereo miking methods I have seen in one place.

I don't want to draw attention to this thread :o but omg this looks so scummy! But I am a little interested... the biggest issue tho, is to get the users to change platform... I mean why would they use this instead of spotify? :wtf:

Back