n.e.1 .use YOUTUBE.COM

gullyjewelz

I found a couple of sites that reference youtube.com as a video hosting place. Although myspace now lets you do that as well. Is youtube.com "known" enough to add video there? There is nothing like spending the time to associate with a site, only to find out it is doing so bad it will soon shut down or . . . even remaining open, no one ever hears of it . . .

or maybe I am expecting too much of another server . . . .?

gullyjewelz said:
I found a couple of sites that reference youtube.com as a video hosting place. Although myspace now lets you do that as well. Is youtube.com "known" enough to add video there? There is nothing like spending the time to associate with a site, only to find out it is doing so bad it will soon shut down or . . . even remaining open, no one ever hears of it . . .

or maybe I am expecting too much of another server . . . .?
yeah i have a bunch of videos on youtube.com

i dont think that it will be shutting down anytime soon .. they have MANY MANY videos

cool - u know what kind of software i can get to "capture" my footage [video n audio] from my dvd camcorder to my computer?

-i was usin vegas video - but im havin no luck with getting the sound to come thru . . .

Yeah, I've got a silly pop video featuring myself singing and generally being an arse.

There's also an animation with my music on it on there.

youtube.com has loads of stuff - unfortunately there is no quality control, so any old crap can get on there, including freaks who put up videos of video games mixed with music etc., so you do have to wade through some crap.

gullyjewelz said:
cool - u know what kind of software i can get to "capture" my footage [video n audio] from my dvd camcorder to my computer?

-i was usin vegas video - but im havin no luck with getting the sound to come thru . . .

my friend, you need avid... and you can get a cut down FREE version of proffessional vidfeo editing software at www.avid.com just click "avid free dv"
under the top downloads box, thats what I use. (its the same company that makes protools ;))

Credibility, alot of hollywood people use avid..

Great quality, familiar environment and best of all, ITS FREE!!!

-C$

**I just relaized that sounded like a bad infomercial :eek: , but its true!**

vegas video is way way super capable of capturing video and audio from a DVD camcorder. Check your settings in the advanced capture utility before you go out and buy more expensive software.

Back