Marketing tips for new website?

rjb25

Hey everybody,

I just started a new website/community for people like me who just love music and try to record in their spare time. Part of of the the motivation was self-serving i guess in that i want to meet other musicians to collaborate with. The problem is, the reason I think the website can work (amateur musicians lead busy lives and just want to collaborate easily without working too hard and wasting time) is the same reason I don't have much time to promote it like crazy. I tend to just stick to playing with my friends/whatever band I'm in at the time and have never really explored all the options on how to meet musicians on the web.

Any tips on how I can effectively reach a lot of musicians and get things rolling?

Thanks

P.S. the website is www.isamusicians.com - check it out if you get a chance

btw i hope that post jives with the forum rules? i'm honestly not trying to promote here i just want the advice of people who know how to do it? i can get rid of the link if I'm breaking rules with it... sorry

yo

i started my own site for just this reason last year! i kind of wanted somewhere to promote my own stuff really. it does take a LOT of time though...

things i've mainly found to help though - firstly, content is all. so make it good! maybe focus on links to netlabels, unsigned bands, production tips, engineering tutorials, special offers on equipment, maybe try and interview a few people?

secondly, spread your name wide - get a facebook group and invite all your friends, get a twitter page, get a myspace, these all help draw people in

thirdly, collaborate! email lots of other blogs to ask if they fancy a link swap - of the ones that reply, start a conversation, see what they're doing, what they're about, if you can help them out or they might offer to help you... if you can get on good terms with people, you'll find that they start mentioning you on forums and so on, which is one of the most valuable forms of advertising!

Back