how do you set up a record label?

SCI

hello people i was just wondering how to setup up a record label any help information on this would be grately appreciated.

SCI..............

THANX

wow, heavy question. When you have read gecs basics, maybe you can provide us with some extra info:

what kind of label do you want to setup? which genre? on which part of the proces will you focus, cause most small labels can't cope for all the different work stadia (like production, duplication, distribution, promotion) and they let stuff they can't deal with to other labels, so are you going to cooperate with another label for distribution or something else??? lots of questions there he...

It truly depends on what you mean by set up a label. I would strongly suggest incorporation as a start. Thereafter, you would need funding of some sort. Then a telephone and listing and ultimatly, artists and recordings to sell. The question is a bit vqgue and overbroad however, there are many wonderful books on the subject that you can get at any Barnes & Noble or, I am sure, at Amazon.com. You would be well advised to read some of those books if not cover to cover at least the relevant parts.

Back