Has Anyone Tried Uploading Songs To Music Libraries???

weatherbill007

Been checking out a label called Vandor Music. Thay say if you upload your songs ($400 to $600 per song) to these things called music libraries, that that is how you get your songs on a thing called the Atlantic chart, which I'm checking into.
They say this is a great way for your song to be played on the indie radio stations nation wide without sending a ton of material and psotage to all those radio stations.
HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED THIS OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT??????

This sounds a lot like a scam that was talked about in some earlier posts.

The music libraries that I deal with don't ask for any money up front and are mainly used by film and game companies to find source music.

read through the VMG (Vandor Music Group) thread in this part of the forum.. At least read through what you can bare to, and then make up your mind about the validity of the company.

weatherbill,

As usual, you heard only what you wanted to hear!

I did not say the use of promolibraries is the way to get on to the Atlantic Chart!

What I did say that the use of promolibraries is the "most cost effective way to MARKET TEST a product BEFORE dropping a ton of money into it!"

The Atlantic Chart is the Industry' most comprehensive - can't be bought, like Billboard, R&R, etcetera - and lists the Top 2,500 songs transferred (played) the MOST via satellite music channels during the previous month. The Top 2,500 is out of about 35,000 songs playing at any given time around the world.

Pay attention to their color coding, and you'll learn which songs are there by BROADCAST PROGRAMMER choice for their respective listening audiences, and which are BOUGHT AIR TIME just like the medicine, breakfast cereal and auto commercials. There's a lot of other info there for those with the brains to read it such as which products are being TESTED, and WHERE a given product is IN THE WHOLE MARKET as result of the promotional and marketing efforts behind it.

I assure you, NOBODY who posts as rampant as the crack-pot element answering this thread have even a clue as to how or what a promolibrary is or does, nor the credibility to document one damned word of their reputed 'advice'.

PromoLibrary services? Check the internet for Brokers. You might also want to search "EMS" (Electronic Media Services), although I haven't and don't know what you'll find.

As for the upload fee, let's see you reach 8,000 music using anybodys - or even service that many envelopes world wide for $400.00-$600.00 - any other way on the planet. And understand the fact that only ONE out of FIVE songs ever log any commercial air time at all!

Best of luck with your new album.

TDA

weatherbill,

Let the paranoids begin … I’m following The General with this post …

Why ask the local idiot element about promolibraries or EMS? If you’ve read any of their posts you should know they are the dumbest bunch of loser assholes in the industry!

Info: currently, in the February 2004 Chart, there are 263 musical works in the Top 2,500 via EMS directly, and 415 in the not-yet-available category which amounts to the same thing. 678 in all, and 33 of those in the Top 500. That many uses certainly makes both VMG and The General a ‘scam’, especially when every other recognized and legitimate label on the planet is represented somewhere via promolibraries/EMS. Note the NAMES, LABELS and LICENSERS in the list below.

Those with promolibrary product in the Top 500 are:

126 --- SPECIAL EFX --- CRUISE CONTROL --- SHANACHIE/EURO/EMS
275 --- PINK --- FAMILY PORTRAIT --- ARISTA/RMG/ZOMBA/BMG/EMS
284 --- INDIGO GIRLS --- ALL THAT WE LET IN --- SONY
286 --- LASGO --- SOMETHING --- ROBBINS/EMS
289 --- ALEXANDRE PIRES --- QUITEMONOS LA ROPA --- ARIOLA/RMG/ZOMBA/BMG/EMS
327 --- INCUBUS --- SMILE LINES --- SONY
329 --- MANA --- MARIPOSA TRAICIONERA --- WARNER LATIN/EMS
351 --- SEETHER --- DRIVEN UNDER --- WIND-UP/VIVENDI/EMS
355 --- NOELIA --- CLAVAME TU AMOR --- FONOVISA/VMG BRAZIL/EMS
356 --- RICARDO MONTANER --- QUE GANAS --- WARNER LATIN/EMS
360 --- LOS TEMERARIOS --- UNA LAGRIMA NO BASTA --- FONOVISA/VMG BRAZIL/EMS
365 --- TANYA TUCKER --- OLD WEAKNESS COMING ON STRONG --- TUCKERTIME/VMG/EMS
377 --- HOOTIE & THE BLOWFISH --- INNOCENCE --- ATLANTIC/WEA/EMS
378 --- LINDA RONSTADT --- WHEN WE RAN --- VANGUARD/VMG/EMS
381 --- FIVE FOR FIGHTING --- THE TASTE --- SONY
391 --- PAUL MASTERSON --- STARS --- ULTRA/VIVENDI
402 --- FINCH --- WHAT IT IS TO BURN --- DRIVE-THRU/MCA/UMRG/EMS
404 --- MIKE KOGLIN --- THE SILENCE --- ULTRA/VIVENDI
410 --- ALEXANDRE PIRES --- AMAME --- ARIOLA/RMG/ZOMBA/BMG/EMS
417 --- VOODOO & SERANO --- BLOOD IN PUMPIN' --- ULTRA/VIVENDI
418 --- FREDDIE FENDER --- BEFORE THE NEXT TEARDROP FALLS --- BACK PORCH/VMG/EMS
423 --- JENNIFER PENA --- ENTRE EL DELIRIO Y LA LOCURA --- UNIVISION/EMS
432 --- STONE SOUR/COREY TAYLOR --- BOTHER --- ROADRUNNER/IDJMG/EMS
440 --- GROOVAHOLICS --- CHILDREN 2004 --- ULTRA/VIVENDI
445 --- YOLANDA --- YOU'RE FREE --- ULTRA/VIVENDI
447 --- NORMAN BASS --- HOW U LIKE BASS --- ULTRA/VIVENDI
450 --- ELTON JOHN --- ARE YOU READY FOR LOVE --- CAPITOL/EMI
469 --- OUR LADY PEACE --- SOMEWHERE OUT THERE --- UNIVERSAL/VIVENDI/EMS
470 --- PABLO MONTERO --- ENTREGA TOTAL --- RCA/BMG LATIN/EMS
471 --- NICK LACHEY --- IT'S ALRIGHT --- UNIVERSAL/VIVENDI
478 --- KATE RUSBY --- POLLY --- COMPASS
481 --- FEFE DOBSON --- RAINBOW --- ISLAND/VIVENDI
483 --- N O R E --- NOTHIN' --- UNIVERSAL/VIVENDI/EMS

I just can’t imagine all these Major Companies, Vivendi, Sony, Bertlesmann, Warner, Capitol, Island, Ultra, RCA, Atlantic … using such a “scam” with their biggest names and in every field of music. It’s just awesome how such experts can be fleeced, especially by a ‘nobody’ living in Albuquerque.

WAKE UP, you idiot!

AmandaTwo

fucking scammers.. leave already! Weatherbill if you have any sense, you'd see through VMG's / ASML scam. Come on, that fuckin' ugly bitch AmandaTwo claims to have "no affliation" with VMG.. ya :rolleyes: But hey, if you want to be taken for your whole recording budget with nothing to show except for maybe a complimentary KKK hat from Mr. Farrell, then that's your deal.

earthboundshithead,

Sorry, weatherbill can't be 'scammed' by anybody here at VMG, we don't want his product! Even for an upload.

Damn! That must disappoint you to no end! :-)

Just like it does that I have fans, friends, and long term associates from all walks of life and all over the world. Got any idea how I did that? Doubt it. You have to have enough brains to come in out of the rain to understand that one.

TDA

if you want to be commercially successful... Billboard charts is where it's at... you'll have to get into the system and get signed by a major label. always investigate your source anyway (i.e. these Atlantic charts).

as far as these catch phrases go like: "the idiot element". they are just unnecessary.

as for your question... promolibraries are probably not good for you right now.

edit: neither is Vandor probably. too much bickering.

Thanx for all your input

Thax everyone for your input........I've decided, I'm gonna leave the industry behind, get the band tight, book my own shows for a time, then get a good booking agent and do our own marketing....... and keep touring , eventually, we'll run into someone legit who can get us to the next level..........in the mean time, all you majors and many of your artists suck!!! And all your obnoxious guitar tones.....I told you majors back in the 80's, even when I was just a small fry, that all that heavy reverb on the snare, when you first came out with it, sounded so plastic and fabricated, but hey, you're only being yourself, you idiots!
To all the majors.......I love how you've down sized! And may you disintigrate into nothing for ripping all the artist off for all those years and dashing the dreams of good people with your scam contracts.

Re: Thanx for all your input

weatherbill007 said:
Thax everyone for your input........I've decided, I'm gonna leave the industry behind, get the band tight, book my own shows for a time, then get a good booking agent and do our own marketing....... and keep touring , eventually, we'll run into someone legit who can get us to the next level..........

best advice you ever gave yourself. the "industry" takes a lot of shapes and forms these days. there is a serious, d.i.y. , independent scene out there that cares about the music. get yourself and your music out there and do your thing, your way. i'm happy to share any of what i've gleaned from this type of approach, so feel free to drop me a line if you get stuck. i'm still learning, too, and always will be, but always willing to network.
good luck - jv

WTF???

OK now I'm really unimpressed.

The General Wrote:

I assure you, NOBODY who posts as rampant as the crack-pot element answering this thread have even a clue as to how or what a promolibrary is or does, nor the credibility to document one damned word of their reputed 'advice'.

And:

AmandaTwo Wrote:

Let the paranoids begin … I’m following The General with this post …

Why ask the local idiot element about promolibraries or EMS? If you’ve read any of their posts you should know they are the dumbest bunch of loser assholes in the industry!

First let me state that I'm in NO way claiming the business in question to be a scam... let that sink in DEEP before we continue...

I am pissed that you would presume to come here to OUR board and blatently insult us! How would you feel if I dropped by your home and started dropping insults at you and your family? You are without a doubt two of the rudest people I've seen here yet! And if you actually are here to represent this business, then you are definitely doing it a disservice! I question the credibility of any so called professional who resorts to such childish behavior.

If the members of this community are wary of pretty much all new businesses offering to "help with their career as an artist" then it's for good reason. Many of our members here are veteran musicians and songwriters who have time and time again either been scammed or are close to someone who has.

If one dog bites you do you become wary of all dogs? Not likely... but when five dogs bite you you tend to run the other way whenever you see anything that even resembles a dog.

Now don't think for a moment that you're not welcome on this board... you are welcome by all means provided you use tact and ettiquite. Spamming with adds about your business is not acceptable. However, it is possible to outline the benefits of using such a service without putting on your sales hat. All it requires is two things:

(1) Tact - state the simple facts about what such a service can do without sounding like a salesman selling a product. Don't tell us to visit your site... make your signature a link to it... if we're interested we'll look... if not... then we won't.

(2) Facts - if you're going to tell us it's a good move carreer-wize for us to use such a service, then you better be able to back it up with some solid facts that we can look into on our own! Nearly every place you look today is someone claiming to be able to perform a service... they all have a long list of people they've helped, but we can't find anything about these people on the web or anywhere else... for all intents and porposes they don't exist. -- if you're making any claim, be damn sure you got solid tangible proof

In conclusion, I'd like to state that although I don't agree with how some people handle themselves in regards to people like you (ie: "Sounds like a scam... don't do it.") etc... I believe that all opinions about a company's validity should be held until dilligent research has been completed on the subject. Throwing opinions around without even visiting the website is without a doubt a bad idea.

Just because someone insults your business by claiming it sounds like a scam is no excuse to fly off the handle with insults. That sort of behavior is childish and has no place in business.

- Tanlith -

AmandaTwo said:

I just can’t imagine all these Major Companies, Vivendi, Sony, Bertlesmann, Warner, Capitol, Island, Ultra, RCA, Atlantic … using such a “scam” with their biggest names and in every field of music. It’s just awesome how such experts can be fleeced, especially by a ‘nobody’ living in Albuquerque.

WAKE UP, you idiot!

AmandaTwo

Tell you what... I'm a great believer in the "put your money where your mouth is" concept.

Here's what I propose: Go through our MP3 Clinic and choose someone you believe to be a promising artist (I'd suggest checking out Alex Petty - he's good. Has an awsome single called Shame) -- anyway you pick the artist.

Then you submit one song of your choosing from that person's library at your own expense. If you can come back here and show me (at any time in the future that his song is in the top 500 I'll personally repay double the submission fee back to you. I'll even sign a legal binding contract to that end.

Face it, the only way you're going to convince anyone here that you are indeed legit is to proove it through action.

If you're up for this challenge, then feel free to have a contract drawn up. When you're ready I'll give you my e-mail address and you can send it to me. I'll sign it, have it notorized and mail your copy back to you...

You up for the challenge?

- Tanlith -

tanlith,

Until YOU included yourself in the spewer element ...

As for a Top "500" - it can be BOUGHT! You can do it yourself.

Just get a record, any record will do;

BUY enough distribution to 'qualify' for Billboard's consideration;

BUY enough 'advertising' to 'qualify' for one of their 'chart positions;

BUY enough airtime via Clear Channel & Like Companies to 'chart';

BUY enough media space to PR your artist in like manner via all the other Trade Pubs;

and you're done.

At VMG we upload and let the groove take its course to determine the current commercial acceptability of the product before we even consider investing a lot of money into it. Simple business really, but 'way to hell over the Idiot Element heads. To everyone else it’s called “Market Testing”.

To members of this Board and all other hopefuls, we advise searching the net for Brokers to upload who are probably $100.00-$200.00 cheaper per-song than we are. $100.00 will still buy a lot of beer where most of us drink, and for those on a limited budget it can be a real difference. Should anyone want to know if a Broker is legit, email me, Atlantic, or any Major (if you can get through to those few who know) off-line. If there's anything shady about them we'll let you know.

If a record will air on the groove alone, it's commercially acceptable. Period. But for how long is the big question. I saw Remo Zero break in the Top 100; next month off the chart; month after that back in the Top 500; month after that off the chart again; next month back in the Top 2000; and after that gone like the wind. Nothing that anybody did wrong, that I know of, just the Industry at the time. They’ve managed to come back a time or two, but nothing spectacular.

All broadcast airtime isn't bought, but just about everything in the Top 500 for the past TWO years has been. Probably closer to THREE. Not that those releases were really PUBLIC choices, or musically/artistically worth a damn. Some of it was, some of it still is! But bought is bought is bought, and I think that offends the public when reputed 'chart' positions are a matter of BOUGHT rather than actual public demand.

On the other side of the coin, if an auto company buys ads for their wheels, and somebody likes them enough to buy, it's called business! If someone likes a record, bought airtime or not, business is business. I just think bought airtime should be noted as such. Something all but financially impossible with radio. But Atlantic color codes the chart, making that bought or not-bought factor known to all who have the sense to use it. However, we've blown the phony Billboard, R&R, etcetera, 'charts' time after time and the Idiot Element still swears them to be God, Law and Gospel.

But such is the Idiot Element.

FYI, the budget for buying any song into Main Stream Radio (Clear Channel & Like Companies) starts at about $25,000.00 and can be well over $1,000,000.00 for a 6/8 week run. Now THAT would buy a hell of a lot of beer!

TDA

The General said:
tanlith,

Until YOU included yourself in the spewer element ...

????
How so? By making a business proposition? One that could make you double your money back?
????

As for a Top "500" - it can be BOUGHT! You can do it yourself.

Just get a record, any record will do;

BUY enough distribution to 'qualify' for Billboard's consideration;

BUY enough 'advertising' to 'qualify' for one of their 'chart positions;

BUY enough airtime via Clear Channel & Like Companies to 'chart';

BUY enough media space to PR your artist in like manner via all the other Trade Pubs;

and you're done.

OK... without tossing insult grenades, can you explain to me the pint of spending all that money for a chart position? Or is there more to it than just a position? Does the position get you air time? You appear to be quite knowlegebable on the subject, please, by all means educate us. And I do not mean that in a sarcastic manor. This is info that I was not aware of...

At VMG we upload and let the groove take its course to determine the current commercial acceptability of the product before we even consider investing a lot of money into it. Simple business really, but 'way to hell over the Idiot Element heads. To everyone else it’s called “Market Testing”.

To members of this Board and all other hopefuls, we advise searching the net for Brokers to upload who are probably $100.00-$200.00 cheaper per-song than we are. $100.00 will still buy a lot of beer where most of us drink, and for those on a limited budget it can be a real difference. Should anyone want to know if a Broker is legit, email me, Atlantic, or any Major (if you can get through to those few who know) off-line. If there's anything shady about them we'll let you know.

OK again, I'm not trying to be insulting or start a verbal conforontation, but please explain exactly why someone would need the services of a broker?? Is there no way an artist can "upload" on his/her own? Or is this one of those things where the industry will only communicate with certain people with established reputations? (like promoters/producers etc)

If a record will air on the groove alone, it's commercially acceptable. Period. But for how long is the big question. I saw Remo Zero break in the Top 100; next month off the chart; month after that back in the Top 500; month after that off the chart again; next month back in the Top 2000; and after that gone like the wind. Nothing that anybody did wrong, that I know of, just the Industry at the time. They’ve managed to come back a time or two, but nothing spectacular.

Sounds pretty average... I assume that because they didn't buy their airtime they were at the mercy of the fickle fans then?

All broadcast airtime isn't bought, but just about everything in the Top 500 for the past TWO years has been. Probably closer to THREE. Not that those releases were really PUBLIC choices, or musically/artistically worth a damn. Some of it was, some of it still is! But bought is bought is bought, and I think that offends the public when reputed 'chart' positions are a matter of BOUGHT rather than actual public demand.

Kinda sucks for some of the real good talent out there... I guess that's why the Indie movement seems to be growing then.

On the other side of the coin, if an auto company buys ads for their wheels, and somebody likes them enough to buy, it's called business! If someone likes a record, bought airtime or not, business is business. I just think bought airtime should be noted as such. Something all but financially impossible with radio. But Atlantic color codes the chart, making that bought or not-bought factor known to all who have the sense to use it. However, we've blown the phony Billboard, R&R, etcetera, 'charts' time after time and the Idiot Element still swears them to be God, Law and Gospel.

So basicly buying airtime is nothing more than buying advertising space? Color coding the chart is a good idea, but if Atlantic is the only chart doing that then what's the point? (again... not meant as an insult, but merely an inquiry). How does one get a real accurate demographic of who's being played on pure talent versus who's being played on paid time? And doesn't color coding the chart for bought time kind of do a disservice to those who paid for the time... anyone who understands the color codes would likely lean towards listening to/buying albums from those who are there on pure talent. (Of course that may just be me)

Could you please quit with the insults already?

FYI, the budget for buying any song into Main Stream Radio (Clear Channel & Like Companies) starts at about $25,000.00 and can be well over $1,000,000.00 for a 6/8 week run. Now THAT would buy a hell of a lot of beer!

TDA

I sense a lot of sarcasm throughout that post... why so hostile?

- Tanlith -

tanlith,

Just because someone insults your business by claiming it sounds like a scam is no excuse to fly off the handle with insults. That sort of behavior is childish and has no place in business.

The hell it doesn’t! In this Best Of All Industries you can spend your reputation once - and any attack against it must be dealt with accordingly. Attack me or any of mine, as this board is rampant for doing, and you can expect fresh fire right out of the Main Gates of Hell without any water!

????
How so? By making a business proposition? One that could make you double your money back?
????

Your ‘business proposition’ was made in total ignorance of the actual cost! Do you really have TWO MILLION to cover your challenge? That’s the kind of investment required to buy all the Billboard, R&R, Variety, etcetera, ‘charts’ with bought and paid for so-called Main Stream airplay.

OK... without tossing insult grenades, can you explain to me the pint of spending all that money for a chart position? Or is there more to it than just a position? Does the position get you air time? You appear to be quite knowlegebable on the subject, please, by all means educate us. And I do not mean that in a sarcastic manor. This is info that I was not aware of...

OK, without grenades. The reputed point of spending all that money for a chart position is to FOOL ENOUGH OF THE PUBLIC, and ALL the Idiot Element, into thinking the act is really into something - to sell concert tickets where the real money is in recorded music! The position will get additional air time from those puss-willy stations too broke to buy themselves into Main Stream. They attempt to look good to their very limited advertisers by playing the ‘industry’ hits. They all lose their ass eventually, even when they change format constantly. The amount of additional air time a bought song will get in such cases would be far better spent if the broadcasters would air local talent!

Most radio, like the current crop of Idiot Element, is too stupid to know there is no such thing as ‘an expert from afar’ or ‘greater talent from afar’, and that’s why they refuse to play local talent. Even those who can absolutely clean the clock of most bought-airtime acts! I spent my first 15 years in this crazy business in radio, and I can tell you on damned good authority - by and large the dumbest people in entertainment … make that “on the planet” are must-hire radio ‘experts’. Set aside the socialists on government payroll, and these boneheads are the epitome of programmed ignorance and applied stupidity.

It’s long winded, but let me give you an example. WWVA, (50,000 Watt) Wheeling, WV, had “The World’s Original Jamboree” on Saturday night for ages. They were the second string Cow Opera behind WSM’s Grand Ole Uproar, but a power in country music. At some point they managed to luck out and gain a girl MARY LOU TURNER. I cut her first tapes when she was about 13/14, as her father Tommy and I often played music together. Then the management at WWVA suddenly knew-so-much. They invented a record label “Jamboree USA” (as the show was called then) - produced and paid for a Mary Lou Turner single - manufactured a couple thousand copies and duly mailed them out. And then REFUSED to air the damned thing on their own station ”BECAUSE IT WASN’T IN THE CHARTS!”

How STUPID can you get? Whatever that is, radio is one of the leaders of the stampede. Think about that. A record is SUPPOSED to get into the charts as a RESULT of airplay! But these damned fools refused to give THEIR OWN record and Artist airplay UNTIL there was “chart action”. I never cut the Idiot Element any slack, but THAT kind of stupidity sure gives me second thoughts on occasion.

OK again, I'm not trying to be insulting or start a verbal conforontation, but please explain exactly why someone would need the services of a broker??

Excellent question! Because there are NO promolibraries on the net! They can’t afford all the security required to prevent HACKING and other Idiot Element harassments. Can you imagine what a COUNTERFEITER would pay some hackass for a first generation copy of anything they knew was going to have a bundle of CASH invested in it?

To my knowledge, all EMS operations are on WIRE services, TELEX or something similar to Western Union. So, they all use the Main Accesses or Brokers who DO NOT have any direct access to their libraries. It’s too easy to trace a Major doing any counterfeiting, and the Brokers don’t have access to begin with. And, their clientele can be monitored without a lot of labor intensive nonsense.

Is there no way an artist can "upload" on his/her own? Or is this one of those things where the industry will only communicate with certain people with established reputations? (like promoters/producers etc)

I suppose anybody could, but the expense would be prohibitive for a single artist. It’s too damned expensive for MOST labels! Were our Main Access not doing a lot of traffic, we’d have to upload via the other Majors. We do sometimes anyway, depending on the line traffic at the time, as they do with us. Nothing exceptional, just business colleagues doing business with business colleagues.

Sounds pretty average... I assume that because they didn't buy their airtime they were at the mercy of the fickle fans then?

Probably. That’s my guess. But we can NEVER discount the factor of jackass management! I’ve seen a lot of projects and some General Licensers go down the tubes via jackass! The current mess at Warner, Sony, Disney, EMI and Vivendi are prime examples of jackass management. As was the sellout-buyout of Polygram a few years back. Seagrams woke up and got the hell out as soon as they could unload their MCA/Universal disaster.

Kinda sucks for some of the real good talent out there... I guess that's why the Indie movement seems to be growing then.

It does suck! But the Indie Movement sucks every bit as much! 99.99% of the Indies are doing the same stupid things that haven’t worked since day one! The Idiot Element, artist, songwriter, producer, studio, label, publisher, manager, agent or investor that WILL NOT wake up to the REALITIES of this Best Of All Industries is destined to lose their ass, just like the Super Five mentioned above. Sound business principals would eliminate all such nonsense, but the Indies will be the last on board that train.

So basicly buying airtime is nothing more than buying advertising space?

Correct. And there’s nothing wrong with that in itself. But any attempt to make it look like some mysterious public ‘demand’ is outright fraudulent and should be dealt with as such.

Color coding the chart is a good idea, but if Atlantic is the only chart doing that then what's the point? (again... not meant as an insult, but merely an inquiry). How does one get a real accurate demographic of who's being played on pure talent versus who's being played on paid time? And doesn't color coding the chart for bought time kind of do a disservice to those who paid for the time... anyone who understands the color codes would likely lean towards listening to/buying albums from those who are there on pure talent. (Of course that may just be me)

Well, SOMEBODY ought to make the revelation! Don’t you think? As for what good is Atlantic’s efforts, their internet, business nets and TELEX has a HUGE amount of traffic between them. Those in the know (as opposed to the Idiot Element who are always in the NOT-know) can assess the marketability of any given product against any other with the application of some Industry Industrial Intelligence and a bit of COMMON SENSE! If one of those products were yours, and you wanted to compare with any other act, you could do it. And if you’re going to spend a ton of money you'd damned well better do something of that nature or be prepared to lose your hindmost! That’s why we market test everything, constantly. We never stop regardless of the success of the product. Failures we don’t’ continue to beat … we find out what the hell is wrong and correct it … then go back to market testing again.

Disservice to those who paid for the airtime? I don’t think so. Knowing a product is bought doesn’t prevent people from liking it. Palming it off as a “public demand hit’ damned sure pisses people. And it should!

And it’s not just you. It includes me too. (Now THAT ought to start a firestorm from the Idiot Element! :-)

Could you please quit with the insults already?

WHAT? And deny Clive Davis his due for inventing the title? The biggest problem in this entire Industry is the Idiot Element! They never fail to start spewing at anything that points out their life-long stupidity; they never come up with anything original in their defamations; and they never learn.

I sense a lot of sarcasm throughout that post... why so hostile?

Something about the Idiot Element just pisses me off … … :-)

In closing, THANK YOU for some sensible questions!

TDA

Sorry Tan I wanted to stay away from this so bad but the con is getting way to big

And this made me laugh

“The hell it doesn’t! In this Best Of All Industries you can spend your reputation once - and any attack against it must be dealt with accordingly. Attack me or any of mine, as this board is rampant for doing, and you can expect fresh fire right out of the Main Gates of Hell without any water”

This is all smoke and mirrors. The General has no power to get anyone played on main stream radio or the secondary markets . The people who do promote to radio for a living have no idea who he even is. I did not check with everyone but did call a few who currently are working majors and indies to radio. To work a single to radio depending on the markets and how wide spread your campaign is would cost anywhere from $300.00 to $3000.00 per week. Take the country market in the US there are 2700 radio stations that would have to be mailed to then called every week for the length of the campaign which is normally eight weeks. This is a very large undertaking. What the General is doing is offering a service for what he deems most people can afford to loose then sends product to people he knows will play it. Part of his sales pitch is the me against the big bad corporate giant. He knows how to get around all the folks that are holding you back……..man its as old as he is. Just listen to the music on the VMG site its pretty bad. Most of these people couldn’t buy radio airtime if there life depended on it. Getting music on this chart or getting it on charts in Europe, Australia , New Zealand, South America is not that hard. The big problem is once your music is on one of these charts VMG has met it obligation. Its an easy way to make $600.00.
The big problem that is not addressed is distribution. Its great to tell someone your on a chart and you can be on the chart for weeks and the crazy thing is they will even play most of the songs on the CD. The big problem is you are ………advertising. Yes you are advertising a product that no one can buy. Sure you can sell a few off of your site and CD Baby/CD Street/ Amazon will sell a few but that’s it. I had a song in Australia that was #3 on the charts and I couldn’t beg borrow or steal distribution. At that point …who cares. All its good for is telling your friends. It does nothing to move your career ahead. You are in the exact same spot you were when you started other than you are out $600.00 and a few CD’s. If you do not believe it then do a search on any of the groups on the VMG site and see where they have gone.

http://www.eventband.com/media/
http://www.musicmedianetwork.com/benefits.html
http://www.starspawn.com/foob/dakka/airplay.htm
http://www.radiodirectx.com/artistinfo.php
http://www.radiodirectx.com/artistinfo.php
http://downhome02.homestead.com/homepage.html
http://top40-charts.com/radio/
http://www.medianstrip.com/
http://www.vocalist.org.uk/radio_airplay.html
http://www.cops.co.uk/airplay_biz_page.html
http://hometown.aol.com/motionizer/page29.html

Cheers
The Idiot Element

The General said:
And from someone who has NEVER made or delivered a legitimate record/product in his life.

TDA

WOW .......that was right out of the main gates of hell with no water

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me
You have become what you loath ....the idiot element

Then produce a product.

You know the kind, anything that's under consideration for the Original SoundTrack of The Second Coming of Christ.

You don't have to have a confirmed date, CyanJackass and Flo Nozzle have that already secured.

TDA

childish bullshit

... the ridiculous rants from both sides of this need to go away. this serves no purpose and obviously isn't going come to any conclusion, or amount to anything except more namecalling and insults. leave the "general" and his posse alone, and maybe he will go away. i think i can probably speak for many folks here when i say this isn't entertaining or informative, and is just downright uncool.
please find a way to spend your time on productive things. who gives a shit about vandor, or vmg, or any of this crap.
move on... please - jv

Last edited:
Back