Easy Disc CD dupicating

Last time I had CDs made, to have them replicated the minimum was 1,000, but was only $1000 and that included Eco Jacket and 3 or 4 color printing on the disc. Disc Makers was who I used and they did a very good job.

I like Kunaki, but I also would like more real estate to print artwork. This looks like a good option, um, if I ever make another CD, that is.

DM60 - 1000 CDs is 950 more than I'll ever need at one time!

I've been using Kunaki, too, just wish they offered something other than jewel cases, that's why I'm checking out this new place. The comments on FB pretty much were favorable.

I'm spoiled living in Nashville. There's a lot of good places like NTS Promedia and We Make Tapes (And Discs) local here.

Last time I ordered CD duplication online, I went with diskfactory.

I'm hoping to order Cds for a project, probably about 200. I'd be interested in some feedback and suggestions from those who have had CD Duplication done.

I've done some research and I'm confused by some things. For instance, I see some suppliers charging $2,000 for a duplication of 200 cds while the same type of order can be had for half that price and less than half the price. Are the expensive duplicator that much better?
I'm interested in some feedback.
Thanks,
Don.....

I'm hoping to order Cds for a project, probably about 200. I'd be interested in some feedback and suggestions from those who have had CD Duplication done.

I've done some research and I'm confused by some things. For instance, I see some suppliers charging $2,000 for a duplication of 200 cds while the same type of order can be had for half that price and less than half the price. Are the expensive duplicator that much better?
Thanks,
Don.....

There's CD pressing and CD burning. Places like Kunaki offer burned CDs, with artwork and shrink wrapped. Other higher end printers might press their discs, which is a more expensive process as you might imagine. You'd have to check with the company to verify what process they use.

Another vote for Kunaki, because I rarely need more than a dozen or two discs burned.

For small runs of pressed CD's take a look at Mobineko - they're the only people I know who will do glass mastered CD's in runs of 100 (although small quantities aren't cheap).

Thanks,
Don.....

Duplication and replication are the two methods.

Replication is the 'stamping' of discs
Duplication copies to CD-Rs, so is obviously the cheaper method.

Discmakers is one of the most-used places by non-pros. I don't know where you're seeing $10 each for replication, but don't use them!

It's a round disc that spins really fast... about 78 rpm. It has grooves in it and you put a diamond in the grooves then shoot a red laser through the diamond. The diamond will vibrate sympathetically with the music because diamonds can do that. The sound is vintage warm like white light. If you sport a "soul patch" on your chin, then you can use a blues laser instead of a red one.

Got my order, their sit eis a little confusing when uploading tracks, but generally it worked well. You can upload JPEGs for your artwork, don't need Photoshop.
I went with this place rather than Kunaki because I wanted to go the non-jewel case route this time, so chose the 'eco wallet' style - basically a 4 panel design with a sleeve inner section to hold the CD.
Unlike Kunaki they offer multiple styles for the disc printing, including printing on silver, like you see with most CD (not -R) releases. Free barcode. Of course it is CD-R, so no metadata.
I opted for the shrink wrap, total cost for my first batch was less than $2.50/disc.

Got my order, their site is a little confusing when uploading tracks, but generally it worked well. You can upload JPEGs for your artwork, don't need Photoshop.
I went with this place rather than Kunaki because I wanted to go the non-jewel case route this time, so chose the 'eco wallet' style - basically a 4 panel design with a sleeve inner section to hold the CD.
Unlike Kunaki they offer multiple styles for the disc printing, including printing on silver, like you see with most CD (not -R) releases. Free barcode. Of course it is CD-R, so no metadata.
I opted for the shrink wrap, total cost for my first batch was less than $2.50/disc.
You didn't just upload a DDP Master?

You didn't just upload a DDP Master?

Not an option as far as I know. You can mail in a master, but I think like any other CD-R duplication, no metadata gets transferred. If I'm wrong, I'll know better next time.

For someone who wants 100 or fewer CDs to give away/sell, - and has a limited budget - its' another option. BTW, I know people who used a very popular replication service (that everyone knows - but I won't name) whose CDs don't have the metadata on every track. Not sure if it was a problem with the master or how they did things, or the service...

---------- Update ----------

Do you have to upload individual tracks? Are you able to set spacing?

Yes, they have an app you download to upload the music, and you can set spacing.

Back