DAM it.

Emeric

What' with these DAM cd's you see on MP3.com. I looked at a range of artist - from the $100 payback earnings to the $101,420.13 earners.

I find most of the sub $1000 dollar people either have sold 1, for that particuliar month or 0. The artist with $101,420.13 earnings sold 23 DAM cd's. Expensive CD.

Sounds like most of the $ are in playback or the sales are being directed somewhere else?

Anyway, my thought for today.

Payback

Hey Emeric, most of that cash is payback. Most of the people on MP3.com only make money on that. Maybe some of the big boys sell product, but most don't.

If that's the case, from where? people will actually buy a DAM CD? I look at the monthly stat's for most people and your lucky if you see one DAM sale. But ther PBFPB is still quite high. I hope, the sales are directed to the independent artists own website for selling CD's and not another middleman piled on top of the others.

According to Michael Robertson, DAM sales are not calulated in P4P money. Nobody knows how many albums an artist has sold except for that artist.

Ernesto has a fanclub that buys dozens of CDs to sell to people to don't have Internet access. I think he's sold 4000-5000.

dave @ kathode ray
http://www.indiebiz.com

Back