Charity Christmas single release.

Hey all,
I'm not sure if it's cool or not, but I thought I'd post up a link to my pal's charity Christmas single.

The charity is a local family run African aid charity.
(I'm in the process of obtaining their website credentials to undertake much needed updates. They're a little behind)

They travel in teams of 20-30 to Kenya's slums every year to build schools/orphanages, medical clinics,
as well as providing direct aid.
They also support 24/7 volunteers on the ground in Kenya.

They've recently secured land over there with the hope of building their own educational, medical and accommodation facilities in the future.
The aim is give relief and education to children who are otherwise forced to work in support of their families.
This is a long term relief goal; Breaking the cycle.

Volunteers pay their own way out of their pockets to take part, so literally every penny from any fundraising goes to the cause.

My Brother and his wife took part in last years team and are now committed to returning annually.
My Brother will actually be leading a team this year in construction work, while another team lead by the charity founder commit to previous ongoing work.
That's why we chose to support this charity.

Needless to say we've produced this at no cost, and every penny from sales goes to the charity.

So far we've had a great response and a lengthy interview on local radio.
A handful of other local stations have played the record and given good plugs for the charity too.

Here's the link to the music store.

Thanks all, and Merry Christmas.

If there's any problem in plugging this here, please just remove it or let me know, and apologies in advance.

Hey Paul- I'll have my bride order it as soon as she gets home today. :thumbs up:

Am not trusted with the Credit cards or paypal account! :o Those new Les Pauls sure do look nice. See what I mean.

Pete plays the main guitar and sings.
I've done bass, piano, shaken percussion, all backing vocals, and whatever else is in there. :)
Drums are programmed.

Hey Steen, when I click the Jengana link my IP blocks it with this message: "Dangerous Page: This website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud" :wtf:

Ah balls. Thanks for the info, robgreen.

The site was set up free by a local firm, to my knowledge, but getting updates done has become difficult recently.
I'm in the process of trying to get the login details to migrate their site and give it a new look for the new year.

I've no reason to believe there's anything malicious on there, but I suppose anything can happen.
EDIT: avg online gave it the green light there.

Here, I set them up a facebook a short time ago. It has some pics and slideshows, and basic info, but that's about it.
Here's the founder giving a speech at some development awards ceremony. (youtube 2:28)

Last edited:
Well, bandcamp was in place first. 99p or more.

Itunes set the price at 79p for some unknown reason. :facepalm:
They're both in my sig.
Your call, dude. :)

Definitely not cool. Well, that's what I wanted to say before reading the nice things that you subsequently wrote.

Just wanted to update everyone on the outcome of this fundraiser.

In total we have raised £250 which Pete's employer has kindly offered to double!!

Thanks to everyone and anyone who downloaded the tune, spread the word or showed an interest

We'll put putting up official updates once the payment's made and all the rest of it. Might take a little while as the employer processes these things monthly.

Back