CD Jackets and Inserts

BenignVanilla

For our press pack, we've decided to use a thin (half thickness) DVD case. I am having trouble finding templates for the inserts. Has anyone done this?

And when you did have your CD inserts printed, where did you have it done?

Don't know the dimension on a half dvd case. Could it be the same as a CD? 4.5 x 4.5??

I have used matte photo paper and like the results. I found some you can print on both sides, so print something 9"x4.5" and you can fold it in half. With both sides, it's a lot of space to be creative.

Peace,

I've had a lot of luck getting templates for stuff like that through discmakers... they also have an easy to use system for short run duplication and the pricing was reasonable.

My band had our last inserts printed at our campus' student-run printing office. It was .80 USD per page for full-color two sided glossy paper. (We had a 16 page insert, and the CDs still only cost us about $3 each).

The only caveat there is that it was 8.5x11 paper and we had to get it re-printed because the students there screwed it up the first time.

Whatever company is doing the actual duplication run should be able to provide you with templates for everything.

well BenignVanilla, i found the CD Inserts templates from well know online printing services company, they shown many cd inserts templates and i just decided only one which really inspire me so then i order for printed, the size of The trim size of the front part of the insert is 4.75" high x 4.75" wide; the trim size of the tray card is 4.625" x 5.906". it was looks cool when i got the printed files. you can also easily find your solutions via Google search easily. !!!

Back