Can i copyright my music with no form?

There is always what they call the "Poor Man's Copyright". Place a cassette or CD copy of your material in an envelope and send it to yourself. When the package gets back to you store it in a safe place and DON'T open it. The package will serve as proof that you created the material back when the package was postmarked and only costs the price of shipping it to yourself. GOOD LUCK!

Umm...that's kind of a myth. The point of it is, of course, that everything you come up with is inherently "copyright", but you must have a way to prove that you created it first. Registered mail to yourself doesn't really prove much. You'd have to be pretty poor to not be able to afford the 25 dollar fee associated with a copyright form on which you can copyright as much material as you want.

ISTYLE:

I took a look at that site. It appears that all of the documents are in pdf format. You will have to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader (for FREE) to view them. I think there is a direct link to the reader from that page...otherwise browse around on www.adobe.com

You could probably create your own form, but it'd be much easier to just download one.

Slackmaster 2000

already done the postman thing and also did copyright with thai copyright foundation but i want to do again wth the US
i also have acrobat reader but it said the form is a bad one,can't be read
please try d/l it and test it's the one for sound recording
thnx

I had no problem downloading, printing and filling out the forms on the copyright office page, BUT if you can't get them to work, try going to the local post office and asking them for a form. It would probably be best to use the web page to decide which form you need first, as it can be a little tricky, but after that the post office can probably help you.

Who says everything has to be done on the net?

Back