Thread: buy my cd

Thanks

buy my cd

Sign in to disable this ad
    haha....not sure if this is the right forum but...i keep seeing posts about mixing/mastering/demo and pro quality. i was planning on just making a cd at home with cooledit then sending some to distributors...like relapse records. is this at least feasable? through a personal website is way to iffy.
    now is mastering just a mass producing of the original cd?
    and how would i tell if my finnished product needs re-mixing?
    meaning i'm a long time disciple of black metal.....which is known for some horrible sounding productions (but still out on the shelf)! dark throne for example.
    at another post i said lets not get bound by corporate conventions but is there a minimum that needs to be met concerning accepted sound quality? to be marketable that is? i'm not playing pure old school black metal!
    i would love to hear my stuff with radio quality but.....where's the balance and Fun?

Thanks
    Mastering isn't mass production. Mastering is getting the all the recorded levels of each song or piece even so that the entire album has a consistent sound level to it. It might involve a bit EQing (if I understand correctly).

Can't say anything about your questions....

Thanks
    forgot about this post! found out the meaning of mastering in the interim though. thanx....from russia!? coolness i love reading about the battle of stalingrad......

Thread Information