Always Curious About Why

Snowman999

I'm always curious about why people do things. The obvious reason is money. On the net that's everything.

On soundcloud people "like" a song they haven't even listened to, and send messages "Great song, I can get you 100,000 listens visit my site. I never do. I'm guessing they'll charge you and then they'll link to your song and people will listen (but, only for a second or two) if they're "friends" with this person.

I'm assuming that's how it works. Musicians like every one else will spend cash on what seems like an obvious scam. But, if you know exactly, maybe you can explain it to me.

However, on facebook there's all these pages "drop your links" and then you get a reply I'll listen to your song if you listen to mine and subscribe, their links are to youtube. From their avatars, they are not the artist. Where's the money in that? They usually say listen for two minutes. I think there's a thread here like that. Get your song played in the UK just drop your links, watch our long video and subscribe. There's something going on. Just curious what it is.

I'm always curious about why people do things. The obvious reason is money. On the net that's everything.

On soundcloud people "like" a song they haven't even listened to, and send messages "Great song, I can get you 100,000 listens visit my site. I never do. I'm guessing they'll charge you and then they'll link to your song and people will listen (but, only for a second or two) if they're "friends" with this person.

I'm assuming that's how it works. Musicians like every one else will spend cash on what seems like an obvious scam. But, if you know exactly, maybe you can explain it to me.

However, on facebook there's all these pages "drop your links" and then you get a reply I'll listen to your song if you listen to mine and subscribe, their links are to youtube. From their avatars, they are not the artist. Where's the money in that? They usually say listen for two minutes. I think there's a thread here like that. Get your song played in the UK just drop your links, watch our long video and subscribe. There's something going on. Just curious what it is.

"Exposure"!!! I never could really understand these 'pay for fake views/likes' things. Just a scam, I guess. Don't know how they do it, but when you see someone with a huge number of views for one song/video, and the rest of their stuff is 'normal' numbers, its always obvious.

As for the Youtube, 'subscribe to me' thing, youtube now requires a certain number of subscribers and total views before you can monetize your channel, so they are spending time now to get to the minimum - one person at a time.

As for the Youtube, 'subscribe to me' thing, youtube now requires a certain number of subscribers and total views before you can monetize your channel, so they are spending time now to get to the minimum - one person at a time.

Now that SUCKS. I've had a channel for the past 14 years. When my computer crashed I lost the log in info. I can not find a way to contact them or google to gain entry. That channel has 317 subscribers and 95 videos. I know I was able to monetize there. But, since many of videos with 100,000+ views are bootleg concert songs, I've never gotten a dime. The videos are still great for fans. Now, I have a new channel with 2 subscribers.

Back