yo check out my new beat

freshlysqueezed

hey guys got a new beat up:

Spooky South

Its still a werk in progress but i think what i got so far is a good start. I mixed up for this one by using FL Studio 6 instead of Reason. Its more condusive to programming the drums than Reason, at least for me. Well check the beat yo, and let me know what I can do to make it better.

Peace out Ya'll.

Last edited:
It's a cool start. I would suggest turning them drums way up, and do some more layering, have some wierd sounds jumpin off in the background.

sounds scary, eerie feeling, but Murdock is right, ya gotta get them drums up some, right now they seem drown out by the rest. Sounds good so far. Keep it up.

Yeah, turn them drums up and eq them a bit. Let people feel it! I think the organ gets boring after a couple of bars, it's too repetitive and doesn't really go anywhere. Put a sick bassline in there and maybe some piano riffs and Orch strings. I think you might be a bit passive, there is so much more you can do with that song. But I do like the concept!
Again, turn the drums up and bring them in and out of the mix and incorporate some type of breakdown or something. Something just to keep the song energized hyped...........THE SKY IS THE LIMIT, LET YOURSELF GO...........Again, I like the concept!

that organ and that looming pad are cool for 16 bars or so, but they get a bit too repetitive about a quarter through the song. Perhaps change the pad so it sound a bit less like the organ, and play around with some variations on the basic melody? and, like everyones saying, the drums need to be turned up alot, as the blaring organ definitely has the potential to drown them out. Can soundclick load stereo files? maybe pan some of the instruments, i dunno

Che Frone said:
Can soundclick load stereo files?

Yes... As far as I know... They are all stereo-capable... Not that everyone takes full advantage of the effect..

yo i took some of ur suggestions and did my best to make it not sound monotonous. the one thing i have an issue with is some of the instruments carry over longer then they should. for some reason fruityloops is weired that with some instruments they keep playing. i reuploaded the song tho so you can all check out what i gto now. if any one has any suggestions on being able to fix my problem with the sounds going to long i'd appreciate it.

Back