Why do you produce??

stray411

Do you make music with the hopes of being the next Timbaland or Rodney Jerkins, in othes words to make a living? Or is it just for fun or love of the music? If you're looking to make a living how do you plan on doing it? What have you done already? What will you do?

Just interested in what level other board members are at.

Stray

www.mp3.com/PerpetualProductio

Clubhouse Records

I'm bangin beats for my guy Mannish-Boy off of Clubhouse Records.He's releasing a album this coming Sept..I'm looking to make a living off this beatmaking shyt.I'm affiliated with Clubhouse Records because I believe in the dreams,goals and the direction their heading in.We're are a powerful force to be reckoned with.So be looking for us in the near future to be climbing billboard charts on a major level.When I refer to myself,I also refer to Clubhouse Records.

I would love to make a living out of this. Right now, I'm doing it for the love of music and the feedback I get from listeners and so on. I got a full time job (not a very good one) but I still live w/ my parents so I have no real expenses except car payment. I am gonna release a cd sometime very soon and I hope to make money on it, but in general it aint about the money.

-Springfield

DJ, best of luck to you. I haven't checked your work out yet, but I've read some of your posts here and it sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Mannish sold like 70K albums right? That's pretty exceptional if so. Again, good luck to you and the label, I'll be watching for you.

Nick, you're pretty much where I'm at. Right now I'm trying to put together a discography of my work up until this point. I have some people with label connects and hopefully I can get some work out of the connects. I have made a decent amount of cash producing for a few artists, but I still need to keep a full time job to pay the bills. I aspire to do music full time. I write, record and perform as well so hopefully one of these aspects will allow me to get to the next level. Good luck to you.

Stray

www.mp3.com/PerpetualProductio

Started as just a hobby.. Then started making doe with it....

Tryin now to make it a full flegded business........ At the least something to supplement my regular 9 to 5.....

Raticus

Raticus, I can relate to that struggle. Personally, I can't stand the whole 9 - 5 thing. When I'm at work I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do in the studio when I get out. For a short time, I was able to do music only without having to have another job. That was probably the most productive 3 or 4 months of my musical career. If I was able to do that permanently I have no doubt I wouldn't be sitting here right now. Unfortunately though intentions don't pay bills.

Good luck to you man, it sounds like you've got you're head right and you do nice work.

Stray

www.mp3.com/PerpetualProduction

Back