Whoa there.. Original, Madd Souful R&B Flavored New Beat - "Virtuoso" w/ Dope Changes

I am really curious about how you sequence you stuff in acid 2.0. I find it kind of cool that you put things together so well but don't use a midi sequencer. Can you give us your techniques for laying down tracks. Do you record in acid then edit in sound forge in order to make your own acidized loop files?

I'm feeling it.

Shit is really sitting good with my thoughts right about now. I'm just getting home and got shit on my mind. Funny cuz that's what kinda track this is.

Well done Sol.

Only thing I can say is about the intro. It's kinda like a warning (to a cat like me) that it's a R&B song. Shit would be set in my mind and I'd be ready to change the track (or station) real quick. Not that it really even matters but a version where the drums come in first would be dope. But I'm digging this track for real.

Keep the good shit up. Peace.

VirtualSamana said:
I am really curious about how you sequence you stuff in acid 2.0. I find it kind of cool that you put things together so well but don't use a midi sequencer. Can you give us your techniques for laying down tracks. Do you record in acid then edit in sound forge in order to make your own acidized loop files?

First, I lay down 4 or 8 bars of drums, my initial drum loop that I'm gonna build off of. Then I set acid to loop mode around this drum pattern, and just let it play while I fool around with melodies to the drums. Once I have one I like, I'll record it in, with the drums still in loop mode, etc. I'll open the file in sound forge, and trim off the front and back of the file, so that it fits the loop, and plus when I'm in sound forge I'll do all of my necessary EQ and Mixing on that individual track (note: once you record your wave into acid, you can easily open it in soundforge. acid has an option on each wave file which is called "open in audio editor" and it opens the file and sound forge for me. the audio editor can be changed.) I prefer this method because it gives me a lot of freedom when sequencing. I can add or remove sounds from bars easily, and I have a visual display of my whole track layed out right in front of me. However, recently, as my melodies have gotten more involved, I'll use the midi sequencer on the Korg Karma to record one loop of the particular instrument, and then record that loop of the instrument into acid and treat it as any other wave file, except now I'm guarenteed it is perfectly quantized. With this method, I can use midi from the karma on roland sounds. Works out nicely.

Sorry about taking the beat down, I got a large offer for it.

Back