Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is Hip Hop going?

Thanks

Where is Hip Hop going?

Sign in to disable this ad
    In what direction should it go.Do you really think we have control in it at all anyway.I think we are starting to see the demise of the super producer.It may be a financial thing but It seems that kids today like the simpler stuff thats been shoved down their throats.Sampling I think is about to slack off.But thats a good thing because it makes producers as a whole more creative.What do you think?Check out DEEP on my page too.
    NEW WEBSITE

Thanks
    although i hate to say it cuz it would be a huge job loss but i think we are going to see the super artist, it seems like more and more artists are wanting to produce themselves and make thier own beats than buy one
    [URL=http://www.myspace.com/desertease][IMG]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4070/desiglargehd9.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks
    Hip-Hop Sux... It's easy to please simple minds.

I agree that people accept the simple stuff being shoved down their throats and no the artist and producers no longer have control of the music. Hip-Hop was sold to the "suits" many years ago they dictate everything now. Where is it going? Hell, I don't know... most likely no where good.

Thanks
    if i had my way, hiphop would get "real" again. drop a few samples over tight rustic loops and have at it.

Thanks
    NAS said it best "Hip hop is dead"..............

Too much corruption, watered down acts, and fans settling for anything just because it is different.
    RAP on the other hand will keep going, due to the fact that it has went in so many other directions. (Most of which, IMO is garbage!)
    "Trizza"

Thanks
    "Roll to every station & wreck the DJ" that new nas is off the chain lmao. Anyways, I agree with you guys, hip hop is dead if not dying... In the physical form... in the mainstream industry.... but hip hop isn't dead on the streets... not yet.. I feel like it's in a coma, ready to wake again. And those of us who keepin' it real, are it's life support. I think we CAN make a difference. IDK about yall, but I'm gonna keep moving forward... We got something to change.
    MINDSET MUSIC GROUP The complete music business consultant www.mindsetmusicgroup.com

Thanks
    Hip-Hip was/is the Movement..Rap is the Game...Urban Music is the way of life...

music has changed over the years and will continue to change...back in the Hip-Hop/early Rap days you dropped an album every 2 years..but now-a-days in the New Rap ea..you better be droppin every 9 months..if you want to stay known...no the problem with this is you get some good, some bad..a lot of overlooked work..and dont get to enjoy the last album or a new artist..yes alot has change and will continue..Music is a business...and money is the topic..no one care if they puttin out weak crap...just us folk that in the business of gettin known or those that are known..

I said it in a hundred forums..dont complain about the music thats out..make a name for yourself and do better...get signed..and see how it really works..they people will be saying the same thing about you..LOL anyway..what were we talkin about..on yeah..alot of people are getting away from sample for 1 reason...money...when sample are use it will take more record sales to recoup their money to get then in the green...and the owner of the copyrights get a share of the publishing for the use of the sample..you do the math..

keep doin what you do..stop complaining about whats dead and make moves to be known and try and change what you think is broken..

im out..peace

Urban Music the way of Life...
    B Knot
    4 bars is hip hop, no need for more if it's a hit!!
    "Trunks poppin'... B Knot Hits..."
    Boss Recordings
    http://www.unsigned.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.jamwave.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.reverbnation.com/bossrecordings

Thanks

Talking People need to stap saying HIP HOP IS DEAD!!!

Hip Hop will never die, the problem is us damn it!!
    When is the last time one of us went out and boughyt the last KRS-1 cd or any other cd that was a positive message behind it, wen is the last time one of us called a radio station to complain about whats getting played on it hmm, wen the hell was the last time we heard a real artist on the radio that actually says fuck wat the people want this is wat they/you need!! Lets be "real" for a minute ok, rap don't need anymore damn trap stars ok cause thats wats killing our genre and thats the truth. Rap about where you grew up sellin your shit is not only a stale topic but has been beatin into the ground and now our fucking kids grow up lovin this shit and know wat they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flatery!!

(i hope this isn't too real for some of you, let's keep on)

Then you got that same artist saying dumb shit like i move so much weight that im a drug kingpin, WTF!!! You want the truth here you go, the hip hop police do exist and are waiting for one of these so called dope boys to go back to slangin. These HHC's are with your favorite traper all damn day why you ask, simple cause a real "gangster" don't advertise stupid, these so called "rappers that do it for the street" are prisoners of their own mouth!! So wen them alphabet boys roll up on them you know why, i mean come on isn't it a lil odd that every month the source has a column that show nothing but how artist get arrested, damn homies ain't that a lil suspicious!!

(still not real enough, lets keep it movin)

And i swear to the almighty on high that my child will never ever listen to 1/4 of the crap thats out right now and respect it point blank period!! Guys were giving props to people that are below us man, for gods sake listen to wat they're sayin...ya hear that, exactly they're either sayin the same thing over and over again or nothing at all. We all do music on here and are not doin wat hip hop was made for on the emcee tip and thats being responcible for the well being of the people. Hip Hop no matter where you come from is "people" music and for black people (which i am) we are looking like fools out there on tv and the news. listen to nas's new cd, why the fuck are we buying jewelry all the time wen a 200 year old oil painting will always increase in value, why buy all these sneakers wen 1 pair will do?! Choices are good but damn so is individuality, LETS BE VERY CLEAR ON SOMETHING!! HIP HOP ISN'T JUST A MUSIC STYLE!!! IT'S A CULTURE!!! The culture will never die but the music side which has served as the peoples voice is getting lost so im going back to the begining.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE I AIN'T A RAPPER PEOPLE!!!, I AIN'T A RAPPER EITHER...IM AN EMCEE...IM BETTER

Thanks
    good post Soul B..

put please believe you will never be able to stop your children from listening to something unless your goin to send him to a Amish community.....

and you know growin up you alway found away to listen to something you were told not to listen to..LOL
    B Knot
    4 bars is hip hop, no need for more if it's a hit!!
    "Trunks poppin'... B Knot Hits..."
    Boss Recordings
    http://www.unsigned.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.jamwave.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.reverbnation.com/bossrecordings

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rnb259
    Hip Hop will never die, the problem is us damn it!!
    When is the last time one of us went out and boughyt the last KRS-1 cd or any other cd that was a positive message behind it, wen is the last time one of us called a radio station to complain about whats getting played on it hmm, wen the hell was the last time we heard a real artist on the radio that actually says fuck wat the people want this is wat they/you need!! Lets be "real" for a minute ok, rap don't need anymore damn trap stars ok cause thats wats killing our genre and thats the truth. Rap about where you grew up sellin your shit is not only a stale topic but has been beatin into the ground and now our fucking kids grow up lovin this shit and know wat they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flatery!!

(i hope this isn't too real for some of you, let's keep on)

Then you got that same artist saying dumb shit like i move so much weight that im a drug kingpin, WTF!!! You want the truth here you go, the hip hop police do exist and are waiting for one of these so called dope boys to go back to slangin. These HHC's are with your favorite traper all damn day why you ask, simple cause a real "gangster" don't advertise stupid, these so called "rappers that do it for the street" are prisoners of their own mouth!! So wen them alphabet boys roll up on them you know why, i mean come on isn't it a lil odd that every month the source has a column that show nothing but how artist get arrested, damn homies ain't that a lil suspicious!!

(still not real enough, lets keep it movin)

And i swear to the almighty on high that my child will never ever listen to 1/4 of the crap thats out right now and respect it point blank period!! Guys were giving props to people that are below us man, for gods sake listen to wat they're sayin...ya hear that, exactly they're either sayin the same thing over and over again or nothing at all. We all do music on here and are not doin wat hip hop was made for on the emcee tip and thats being responcible for the well being of the people. Hip Hop no matter where you come from is "people" music and for black people (which i am) we are looking like fools out there on tv and the news. listen to nas's new cd, why the fuck are we buying jewelry all the time wen a 200 year old oil painting will always increase in value, why buy all these sneakers wen 1 pair will do?! Choices are good but damn so is individuality, LETS BE VERY CLEAR ON SOMETHING!! HIP HOP ISN'T JUST A MUSIC STYLE!!! IT'S A CULTURE!!! The culture will never die but the music side which has served as the peoples voice is getting lost so im going back to the begining.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE I AIN'T A RAPPER PEOPLE!!!, I AIN'T A RAPPER EITHER...IM AN EMCEE...IM BETTER
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? ....lol

Yeah Rap music is doing more harm to the black community than good. It's sad to see these kids, they have way more shit than most of us had coming up (just look at technology alone)... But yet they don't wanna take advantage, instead they'd rather imitate these rappers. They REALLY IMITATE their favorite rappers, from the way they dress, talk, act, walk...etc Most of my generation would call that dick ridin', it's never cool for someone to completely act like another person.

Thread Information