Whats Good Fam

Mindset

Whats been happening fam? Haven't posted on here in a LONG minute. Things been going vertical over here with MMG. MAD things happening. Well my partner's deep in the industry already and established right. So my next project coming is the new N.W.A. album. That's only 1/10th of whats been going on. I've been at it busy putting together a new studio in Kennedale, as well as setting up the new company too. It's called Real Talk Pro-A/V. So my partner has deep connections, more like real good friends with many of the peoples in the major industry. Dude's a multi-millionaire. Anyways one of his real good friends in the west is Dre & Jinx (The Game). So Aftermath/Interscope/Geffen are backing RTStudios. So after dozens of moves & conference calls & flights later, all of us put together a few plans/projects. The Game will be here in Dallas along with SEVERAL label heads & artists with those labels and he will host a 3 day rap off event, which is connected with this party (I'll get to that next) In which the 3 day event has the best from wherever indie artists going at it displaying production skills, song writing, performance etc... Winner of it all is getting a song done with any feature they want. Free studio time, Major artist of choice on the track. Personally I think for $250 submission, the winner pretty much gets a bomb ass deal.. Also, the winner, and one guest will be put on the guest list to the party the day after. Originally the party was separate. Ok so now to the party..

Private Party for only major players in the industry. It'll be like the grammy's. Public isn't allowed in this party. So guest list that has already been confirmed to be there, for the 30X times I had to repeat, (already has over 60guests) includes the following individuals; The Game, Dr Dre, and their closest affiliates, Tum Tum & the whole YGB click, Sean Kingston, Biz Markey, DJ RPM w/ Dirty Money Music, Frank Blanco w/ Dirty Money Music, Sipp The Barber (industry barber), Mike Clarke (manger of Clout Records) & the rest of Clout Records (models, artists & producers), Michael Watts 5000, Dave Mathews Band, KillSwitch Engage, Yums Athletics (Also Sponsor; giving us free shoes), DRANK Anti-Energy drink w/ their van (and 2 pallets of DRANK - anyone who wishes to take a box home or buy one for $1 w/ shipping contact me - I really don't need that many freakin' of them), P of StreetSiRadio along with 2 other guests one of them a movie director, XXL Magazine w/ their press team, Game 101 DVD Magazine, VIBE, Misse Elliot, Bloodshot of SlaughterHouse, P-Wig of All American Recording Group w/ guest from Hollywood Records, James Du'Maine, Tony Williams, Kanye West, Cheeze, Yi Photography, Bobby Drake of WB, Snoop Dogg, pookie & luchi and much more confirmed

Unconfirmed (we haven't called back yet or waiting on call back)
Xzibit, Ice Cube, Nas, Rihanna, Chantelle, Boosie, Webbie, O2, Lil Richard, Bun B, & Ryan Big Time Entertainment's booking director.

Press confirmed: 104.5, 97.9, FOX Network, 21KVRA, StarTelegram, Dallas Morning News, a few other magazines.

We still working on the event's details, getting/waiting for city permits (piece of cake), location of the event etc.. The party is pretty much finished, we making 2 DVD's out the thing, and we gonna pass the mic around & have everyone spit. Lou(my partner) will be picking up a couple bottles of criss. The people part of all this has already been taken care of, The party is on Dec. 7th. Some krazie shit huh? I'll upload some pic's of the studio later. I'm pretty much still in dazed mode of what's been going on. Fieva should be there too since he moved here.

Hi Mindset,

It's sounds good you are networking, but i'm trying to understand the details of this contest you mentioned. Is this something you are working on that is part of the party or is it separate? How do you enter? What happens to the money for those who don't win? What's the purpose of the entry fee?

Demi

Hi Mindset,

It's sounds good you are networking, but i'm trying to understand the details of this contest you mentioned. Is this something you are working on that is part of the party or is it separate? How do you enter? What happens to the money for those who don't win? What's the purpose of the entry fee?

Demi

It's not neccessary for the party. The party itself is a welcoming by the music industry, something that regularly happens throughout. As for the rap off thing, it's like a 3 day contest that artists around the metroplex would enter to showcase their skills. Best of the best around here will get the chance to be included in the guest list, and also get studio time, and will have a major industry artist be featured on their tracks. Entry fee guarantees a spot in the 'contest'. This also is like a grand opening for the studio in an event. Those who don't win don't get their money back lol. You'll hear the details on the radio here within the next month.

Why did you choose Kennedale for your studio? It's like out in the middle of now where.... texas with the cows. Isn't that on the other side of arlington sorta close to mansfield?

I'll pass on that contest and party, but i am interesting in seeing your new studio. Do you have any pics posted? What gear have you moved into? Are you still working in pro-tools?

Demi

Last edited:
Why did you choose Kennedale for your studio? It's like out in the middle of now where.... texas with the cows. Isn't that on the other side of arlington sorta close to mansfield?

I'll pass on that contest and party, but i am interesting in seeing your new studio. Do you have any pics posted? What gear have you moved into? Are you still working in pro-tools?

Demi

All areas in the surrounding area has been mostly developed. In about 3-5 years the areas around will be fully developed. Kennedale, particularly in this area is being the last place to develope in the near future. This area has the Kennedale speedway, and Showtime (owned by Louis) down the street. It was also easier to get the permits needed to open up business. Most of the other areas had strict noise ordinances. So there was many business reasons of why we picked this area. The city itself is excited, and has started plans to pour money into this area to make it a entertainment district. Along the freeways, 287, 820/121, I-20, I-30 & 360 are all accessible from where we are. Down the street is south campus of Tarrant County College.

Anyways the party is only for guests walking the red carpet. Which will now be in Dec. 7th, with the event on the 4th 5th & 6th. Mr. Pookie & Lucci has obtained performances opening & during the event. Game 101 DVD Magazine has obtained Exclusives for DVD media. StreetSiRadio has obtained Exclusives for streaming on internet. Both Televised & Radiowaves are being bidded on for Exclusives in interviews within' the party. James Du'Maine is verified with Tony Williams/Kanye. And Connect Magazine are verified w/ press passes. Game 101 will be sending a camera crew up from Houston. That's the newest news..

I do have pictures, but these pictures are for the insurance company, can't give these outs. I'm running Digidesign 882's w/ Pro Tools. I also have Nuendo & Samplitude running along with various plug-ins & several outboard gear. It's a 3 control room 4 booth studio w/ video & duplication. We just put up the signs in the front, and will be putting the lit street sign in here in a few days.
MMG will also be in the house @ The Bone w/ performances by various MMG artists Oct. 18th 1:15pm. I'm probably giving radio exclusives to 104.5 because Clear Channel tends to strong arm companies, and of course we ain't gonna have that. Also confirmed on the guest list is Biz Markie. Drank verified they will be bringing their Van out w/ 2 pallets of Drank - Anti-Energy drink. Hollywood By Night carshow will be in the house showing off their rides. Clout Records has verified they will have their models there. That's just as much as I really can "leak" out. The private party is private, and no one else enters. Those who are doing something in the industry, you can contact me via phone or email if you want to be on the guestlist. We do have Hilton/Hampton contracted with Real Talk Pro-A/V & also a limo service for accomidations of some of our guests. It's all pretty overwhelming & hetic getting the studio ready, and setting this all up. We have the names & confirmations, it's finding an adequate place to hold the private party. Ghost Bar?? Only tasks left is hiring a security company, a couple permits left for the gathering, and the VIP's sent to the radio stations. This should be LOADS of fun. Fieva, I should be calling you soon just to go up there and check it out. This is the first of several studios under this new corporation.

All areas in the surrounding area has been mostly developed. In about 3-5 years the areas around will be fully developed. Kennedale, particularly in this area is being the last place to develope in the near future. This area has the Kennedale speedway, and Showtime (owned by Louis) down the street. It was also easier to get the permits needed to open up business. Most of the other areas had strict noise ordinances. So there was many business reasons of why we picked this area. The city itself is excited, and has started plans to pour money into this area to make it a entertainment district. Along the freeways, 287, 820/121, I-20, I-30 & 360 are all accessible from where we are. Down the street is south campus of Tarrant County College.

Dang you have to have a noise permit for a studio? It's less noisy than a night club. I've not been out that way in awhile. As for photos i was thinking more of the location.... and general room layout not really your gear. Although it sounds like you are still running the same way you were over at the soundlab.

That party planning sounds complicated... way too many things going on at one time. Hope it goes well for you...

Nearly like the soundlabs. I'm incorporating parts of the setups at the soundlabs, less the $250,000 NEVE console & LA2A's etc... lol I'll give ya a layout once I get it scanned.

new news:

All American Recording Group; Dirty Money Music Group (DJ RPM's click); and Du'Maine Street Productions are now partners in a growing group of corporate ventures. My partner is currently in Cali in a series of meetings with Aftermath/Geffen/Interscope with Dre & Game & rep's. Things are starting to get more serious.

Back