what do you play

Blue or Green

• Total voters
i'm probably one of the few cat out there who hasn't traded in my first generation triton

i'm looking for an 88 keys and i'm trying to decide between the triton extreme or the motif xs8, there's a big difference in price and i'd like to know why from you guys rather than a salesman a Gc or samash

I'm rich, beatch!!!!

LOL, I use both. Picked up the Reason Refills off of Ebay.....Haven't touched a piece of analog gear since 1999. Good luck with the poll though.

yea i never used any real hardware at all.... i wanna go hardware but i aint got the bucks for that yet........ key word YET

I've tried both at GC. If you like having really authentic sounding instruments, get the motif. The sounds are unreal!! Has alot of great synths and drums too. If you are more of a synth type person, get the triton. Don't get me wrong, it has great instruments too but not as real as the motif. The triton kind of makes you be more creative because you have to sample in your own drums and do some tweaking to the patches and seq settings to get a good sound. The motif pretty much sounds good straight up! I like both. If i had the money i'd probably get both of them! I use a triton le as my main board right now.

LOL, I use both. Picked up the Reason Refills off of Ebay.....Haven't touched a piece of analog gear since 1999. Good luck with the poll though.

We think alike my friend. I got the soundfont versions of those plus the fantom. I figured if the .05% chance of something better than Reason (for me) coming out, it would still support soundfonts instead of refills.

I use hardware..mpc3000, a roland jp8000, a motif rack a proteus 2000 and a studio electronics atc. I just got the proteus 2000 for about $200 and Its an all around better rack then the motif. The motif has better sounds in certain areas..but as a whole I like the proteus 2000. I had a moog voyager,but now the atc fulfills that need and at $600 i can honestly say that it gives the voyager a run for the money,and with the factory patches kills voyagers factory patches9 I didnt have the upgraded patches on the voyager. I got it when it first came out a signature edition)
i was really hyped on that open labs miko and i can say that its worth every penny however if you use an external sequencer like an mpc then its a hassle and dont work right. I had two friends who have used almost any gear you can think of and after hours with tech support they couldn't get it to work with the external sequencer without being a hassle and only being able to utilize it in a certain way anyways they both took those back. Again if you do it all in the computer its worth every penny. I have entertained the thought of getting a MUSE RECEPTOR....I could use it as a sound module with my mpc and it has i beleive a 750GB hard drive so it will hold a grip of vsts.
If i come up on some money Im also looking at getting another voyager just to collect it (and use it) and the profet 8 that suppose to come out....

I use hardware..mpc3000, a roland jp8000, a motif rack a proteus 2000 and a studio electronics atc. I just got the proteus 2000 for about $200 and Its an all around better rack then the motif. The motif has better sounds in certain areas..but as a whole I like the proteus 2000. I had a moog voyager,but now the atc fulfills that need and at $600 i can honestly say that it gives the voyager a run for the money,and with the factory patches kills voyagers factory patches9 I didnt have the upgraded patches on the voyager. I got it when it first came out a signature edition)
i was really hyped on that open labs miko and i can say that its worth every penny however if you use an external sequencer like an mpc then its a hassle and dont work right. I had two friends who have used almost any gear you can think of and after hours with tech support they couldn't get it to work with the external sequencer without being a hassle and only being able to utilize it in a certain way anyways they both took those back. Again if you do it all in the computer its worth every penny. I have entertained the thought of getting a MUSE RECEPTOR....I could use it as a sound module with my mpc and it has i beleive a 750GB hard drive so it will hold a grip of vsts.
If i come up on some money Im also looking at getting another voyager just to collect it (and use it) and the profet 8 that suppose to come out....

Very enlightening, thanks for your input.

Somebody gave me a negative rep for my comment in this thread?:confused: Whoever it is, please clarify how i'm an "idiot". I said nothing offensive or wrong. I like the triton and the motif, for different reasons. I kinda like the triton the best because that's what i i'm used to.

wasn't me.,,, i hardly even notice the whole rep thing....Its kind of funny to me..almost like people seek approval (rep points)

Yea i really don't care about the whole rep thing. I just saw someone left me a neg rep calling me an idiot. I was like huh? Folks are crazy these days! LOL! Back to the beatz!

Back