using my computer as a sampler????

MICKEYDE

I have a coo' little digital studio(dps16 track, Roland XP80,Dr202 drum machine, alesis masterlink, bunch of rack stuff, and alot more) and This is all upgraded from a tape recorder with ONE line in, a yamaha djx crap keyboard and a zoom sampler. I made some really good music (allthough poor quality) with this setup. Then aquired some money to fund my label and bought my new set up. I learned how to use the zoom sampler, which needs a calculator to sync loops, and hated how long it took. Finally got rid of it and want to buy an mpc2000.

The only prollem is that I afford spending the money on account of the fact that I want buy several other things. and I need to fix my car. I have a good computer(1g memory 20gig harddrive) and was wondering if there is a program and a soundcard I could get for less than the mpc that would handle it's job.

Any info and reviews/opinions will help. THANX

~*eMDE*~
AKA
<----MiCkeYDe---->

Thanks for the program advice.What's a good soundcard to use? And about how much do they cost. THanks for the held.
---------->MiCKeYDe<----------

It depends on how many INS/OUTS do you want/need?

Also, what kinds of INS/OUTS?

How much money do you want to spend?

You could start out your quest by looking at the Delta cards (44, 66, and 1010).

http://www.midiman.com/

post us back. :)

spin

Go and Buy Reality by Seer Systems They have a demo on there website. This can do everything the MPC can do and even do it better... ok thats my opinion. If you don't have a nice sound card then I suggest the Echo Darla card. With 8 outputs and a latecy if 25... as I run Cubase and reality together you can drop vocals and beats at the same time with no real effort. Worth a check out. E-mail me if your interested in taking the red pill. 4 real

peace
Xmidi2001

Back