Time signature changing

Jon Valdivia

Hi!

I'm composing several pieces of music with lots of time signature changing, and i have lots of problem with that, because i cannot find a rythm software that allows me to program loops in that way.

I've tried with Fruity Loops, Recycle and Reason, but they can only work in one time signature.

Another thing i've tried is to sync a sequencer with reason, but it doesn't works like real changes. Reason keep "thinking" on 4/4.

Is there any solution or any software for this? I cannot belive that i'm the only one who needs to make loops with time signature changing.

Thank you very much.

Jon

Don't know about those other programs, but in Acid you can change both the number of beats in a measure for individual loops, and the playing tempo of the project.

So let's say you had a loop playing at 100bpm in 4/4 and you wanted to switch the same loop to 100bmp in 3/4. You would open two copies of the same loop, set the beats per measure to 4 for the first loop, and to 3 for the second loop. Set the initial tempo to 100bpm, then when you switch over to the 3 beat loop change tempo to 75bpm (100bmp * 3/4).

Not pretty, but it works.

barefoot

Thank you but...

Thank you very much for your answer, but it's not what i'm looking for.

I'm looking for the program that allows me to create loops in 10/8, or 7/8, or 5/4. Fruity loops only admits 4/4, am i right?

Thank you very much again

Jon

Back