Striving Towards Perfection.

archvist

HELLO COMMUNITY,

I really can make beats that sounds professional but inside of me I know I'm just that nerd who doesn't know anything about reading or writing music.

I use FL Studio 7 to cook my beat and sometimes I record. To me, I wanna be a professional sound engineer. So I'm seeking advice from those who has been in my shoes.

The only gears I have with me is my Laptop, FL Studio 7 installed, and a Mic.

I am by no means experienced, but I don't think you necessarily need to know how to read or write sheet music to make great beats. If you can play by ear and have an understanding of the keyboard, then that is probably good enough. You should try and at least get a basic understanding of music theory though because it will definitely help you out.

Have you posted any of your material on the Internet so others can hear it? If so, provide a link so we can go and check it out. If not then start there. In this age of Internet technology it's imperative that you use every advantage available through the web to expose your work to as many people as you can if you want to get better at your craft.

Back